TTexGP move to manx
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
TTexGP move to manx
I see that the government are looking at the cost and benefits of the TT and MGP, to the island. Also mentioned was that they are looking at moving the TTEXGP to the Manx. We have little enough track time, surely this will cut it even further.
09-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
RE: TTexGP move to manx
I hope not. Partly for the TTXGP itself - they cited the publicity value of the TT as being vital to get enough teams interested. And partly for the Manx, as the event has a lot less leverage than the TT in gaining local acceptance for extended practice times. If they tried to shoehorn it into the existing practice timetable and reduce the petrol bikes track time that would be a huge blow, not only for the riders who pay a fortune to get there, but also for safety, with practice time being sorely lacking already.
09-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Website Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
Tomcat Wrote:I hope not. Partly for the TTXGP itself - they cited the publicity value of the TT as being vital to get enough teams interested. And partly for the Manx, as the event has a lot less leverage than the TT in gaining local acceptance for extended practice times. If they tried to shoehorn it into the existing practice timetable and reduce the petrol bikes track time that would be a huge blow, not only for the riders who pay a fortune to get there, but also for safety, with practice time being sorely lacking already.

If you look at the Martin Bullock webpage it says that the EXGP is already scheduled for next year at the manx. The TT wanted it, let them keep it. Practice time is too short already. If this is the future then i am glad i am alive now.
10-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Find Reply
Carolynn Offline

Threads: 3
shipleymanx Wrote:
Tomcat Wrote:I hope not. Partly for the TTXGP itself - they cited the publicity value of the TT as being vital to get enough teams interested. And partly for the Manx, as the event has a lot less leverage than the TT in gaining local acceptance for extended practice times. If they tried to shoehorn it into the existing practice timetable and reduce the petrol bikes track time that would be a huge blow, not only for the riders who pay a fortune to get there, but also for safety, with practice time being sorely lacking already.

If you look at the Martin Bullock webpage it says that the EXGP is already scheduled for next year at the manx. The TT wanted it, let them keep it. Practice time is too short already. If this is the future then i am glad i am alive now.

As far as I'm aware, the TTxGP is not, and is nowhere near being, confirmed at the MGP next year, but it is an idea in progress. Although someone should really drive it home to the powers that be at the TTxGP, as they were making announcements about it at their press conference, long before this idea has even been considered properly and before their debut race had even taken place.
In my opinion, it would be madness to try and run it at the Manx, they would not get the same budget, there would not be the same interest and there just isn't room in the schedule to run it.
It did provide a different angle to the TT, it was better than a parade lap and, if developed properly... Could actually be an asset to the TT. The idea of shoving it into the MGP, in my opinion, is a 'brush it under the carpet' idea after a disasterous initial campaign, which could've been run better by blind monkeys on a methadone program. It has been one badly advised cock up after the next and spent an awful lot of it's publicity time pi**ing people off, but, at the end of the day.... Lots of people watched it and were genuinely interested in the result. I know I was.
I would rather watch my fellow competitors on a TTxGP bike, having a race, however slow, rather than watch a parade lap, where most of the time, the participants don't even know where they're going!

Just my tuppence-worth!
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2009, 09:09 AM by Carolynn.)
14-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Website Find Reply
tripod Offline

Threads: 0
I spoke to one of the organisers of the TTXGP in the paddock at the TT and she told me that next year it would be run at the Manx. She said that it would also include cars!!!!!!!!!!God Forbid.
18-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Find Reply