MGP MARSHALS WANTED AT THE SURE STORE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MGP MARSHALS WANTED AT THE SURE STORE
The Isle of Man TT Marshals Association will be at the Sure store on Strand Street between 10am and 4.30pm this Saturday, 15th August 2009, to recruit volunteers for this year’s Manx Grand Prix.

[Image: suremobile1.gif]

The recruitment drive, which is being supported by Sure, will aim to fulfil the minimum quota of 508 marshals that are needed per practice or race.

Terry Holmes, Vice-Chairman of the Isle of Man TT Marshals Association, commented: “We had a phenomenal response when we ran a similar recruitment drive at the Sure store for TT 2009, and I hope just as many people will sign-up to marshal at this year’s Manx Grand Prix.

“There is no way the event could run without the dedication of the people who regularly help out along the Mountain Course. Training is given to all volunteers, whether regular or a new recruit, and so I would encourage anyone who wants to sign up or find out more to come to the Sure store on Strand Street this Saturday.

“The Isle of Man TT Marshals Association would also like to take this opportunity to thank Sure for their valued and continued support in recruiting and supplying volunteers with the equipment they need to carry out such an important role.”

Danny Crowe, wife of Sure-sponsored TT Sidecar champion Nick, commented: “The marshals do a fantastic job and show selfless dedication every time they go out onto the course, either watching racers come home safely or helping them in the event of an accident. It really is a worthwhile job from which people do take a lot of enjoyment, and I would urge people to join up.”

The Manx Grand Prix Senior Trophy will also be on display this Saturday. More details about becoming a marshal can be found at: http://www.iomttma.com.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Website Find Reply