Lougher to ride in Silverstone 125cc British Championship round
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lougher to ride in Silverstone 125cc British Championship round
[Image: blackhorselogo.gif]

It will be something of a trip down memory lane for Ian Lougher this weekend when he takes part in Round 11 of the Relentless British 125cc Championship at Silverstone.

Ten years on from his last appearance in the championship, Ian will be in action on the Team Repli-Cast UK Racing Honda of injured regular Robbie Stewart.

Yorkshire based Repli-Cast are one of the UK's Largest Manufacturers of Race and Trackday Bodywork and Accessories and supply to most of the top teams involved in Motorcycle Racing in the UK and around the world. They have an excellent reputation throughout the British Superbike Paddock as well as the World Superbikes, European Championships, MRO, New Era and all other domestic Club Championships in the UK.

Ian Lougher of course needs no introduction in the world of motorcycle racing and the vastly experienced Welshman is no stranger to domestic championship short circuit racing on the smaller capacity 125cc machines. He was a regular fixture in the British 125cc Championships in the early stages of his career where his achievements included third in the 1989 MCN/ACU 125cc British Championship, sixth in the 1995 125cc Supercup British Championship and runner-up in the 1998 British 125cc British Championship by two points to Chris Palmer.

In addition to his 125cc ride at Silverstone, Ian will also be at the Northamptonshire venue in his capacity as Team Manager of Team Blackhorse Yamaha, for whom regular campaigner Conor Cummins will be riding in the BSB National Superstock 1000 Championship.

Ian Lougher:
"I am very excited to be presented with this opportunity to race the 125cc Honda of Team Repli-Cast UK Racing at this weekend's British Championship round at Silverstone. The 125cc class always produces close, competitive action and I am looking forward to the race immensely."

Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2009, 04:33 PM by Malcolm.)
25-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
RE: Lougher to ride in Silverstone 125cc British Championship round
Here is up to date link for todays timing sessions for those interested.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major&sea...letype=gif

http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major&sea...letype=gif
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
25-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Find Reply
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

Threads: 4
RE: Lougher to ride in Silverstone 125cc British Championship round
Well don Ian for a points scoring result- after 13 years on a machine you've never ridden- class act.
Also commisserations to William Dunlop who wasn't as lucky- but grat news he is contesting the 125 BSB class in 2010.
Life's too short- live it to the max and enjoy yourselves
30-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Website Find Reply