Any info on 'Cabby' Cooper?
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Any info on 'Cabby' Cooper?
Does anyone recollect 'Cabby' Cooper who was around the racing scene in the 1950s. I believe he was connected with the trade. We have pictures of him but no biographical details - can anyone help?
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
14-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Website Find Reply
ancient Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Any info on 'Cabby' Cooper?
(14-10-2009, 08:43 AM)Bill Snelling Wrote: Does anyone recollect 'Cabby' Cooper who was around the racing scene in the 1950s. I believe he was connected with the trade. We have pictures of him but no biographical details - can anyone help?

cabby cooper owned eleanor motors in london. And as you will know was to be seen alongside the winners in most TT pictures.he also attended crystal palace meets.How do i know?well he picked me up from the ground when i fell off ned minihans brand new 7r (ned had never ridden it!)an angry ned came looking for me but when he saw the blood shot off went out in his race and promptly fell off,we ended up in hospital together .cabby was always cheerfull.but I never knew much about him he just seemed to turn up everywhere.ill ask around.john holder may know more,and even your own tom thorp .
14-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Find Reply
ancient Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Any info on 'Cabby' Cooper?
NOT A LOT OF HELP .BUT HAVE JUST FOUND DETAILS OF CABBYS 3 BRANCHES OF ELEANOR MOTORS IN 1949,,.EAST BARNET RD NEW BARNET HERTS...MARE ST HACKNEY E8...AND WELL ST HACKNEY E9.QUITE A BUSY BOY.
19-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Find Reply