2010 Manx Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
2010 Manx Grand Prix
2010 Manx Grand Prix News Release

[Image: mmcc1.gif]

Despite a number of negative postings on various website forums, the 2010 Manx Grand Prix Races will be held between 21st August and 3rd September.

The Manx Motor Cycle Club Committee is working positively to build on the success of this year's races and is intending to run a similar full programme for 2010.

With proposed changes to regulations it is hoped to increase entries in the Post Classic and Senior Classic races and also to encourage more entries in the Newcomers race. We're looking forward to another successful Manx Grand Prix in 2010.

The Club’s only official website is http://www.manxgrandprix.org, where all news items and media releases will be posted first.

Information carried on other websites cannot always be guaranteed as being accurate, especially forums – the Manx Motor Cycle Club having no control over their content.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Website Find Reply
an old man returns Offline

Threads: 22
RE: 2010 Manx Grand Prix
(04-11-2009, 04:19 PM)Malcolm Wrote:
2010 Manx Grand Prix News Release

[Image: mmcc1.gif]

The Manx Motor Cycle Club Committee is working positively to build on the success of this year's races and is intending to run a similar full programme for 2010.

Is a timetable in place to issue a confirmed schedule as opposed to a proposed 'similar full programme'. I hope the 'similar' doesn't relate to a combined Senior/Junior Classic.
I would not go with one bike. The practice and race mileage of these older machine could just prove too much for them so a self restriction on practice may be needed.....
I was there many times a few years ago, returned in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. SUPPORT THE MGP
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2009, 03:47 PM by an old man returns.)
09-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

Threads: 7
(09-11-2009, 09:36 AM)an old man returns Wrote: Is a timetable in place to issue a confirmed schedule as opposed to a proposed 'similar full programme'. I hope the 'similar' doesn't relate to a combined Senior/Junior Classic.
I would not go with one bike. The practice and race milage of these older machine could just prove too much for them so a self restriction on practice may be needed.....

Come on Ken when was the last time we had enough full practice sessions for mileage to be a problem!

Try this MGP 2010 provisional I know it's provisional but format looks the same at the moment.

I'll finish it one day!
09-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Find Reply

Come on Ken when was the last time we had enough full practice sessions for mileage to be a problem!

Try this MGP 2010 provisional I know it's provisional but format looks the same at the moment.
[/quote]

One bike one race is not for me, last MGP ok Huh the weather took its toll too but the escalating costs do not, to me, justify one bike one race. As for the mileage point you cannot rely on bad weather to curtail usage Doug, that has to be self regulating.
I was there many times a few years ago, returned in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. SUPPORT THE MGP
09-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

Threads: 7
I can’t remember a year when at least one session hasn’t been lost for some reason.
In my brothers 1st year he did 19 laps including the race (when they still had mornings and Thursday afternoon) that was on a classic, would have been 20 if they hadn’t done a fuel run in one session. Now the most you would get if every session ran would be 19 so you should be able to get a classic to do the distance.
Biggest problem with just one ride on the classic is the chance of it breaking in the race. If you have 2 rides at least you double your chances of getting a finish. I do take your point that it’s a big expense for just the one ride.

Either way it doesn’t matter as the provisional format is the same as this year pre disruption.

I'll finish it one day!
10-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Find Reply
Carolynn Offline

Threads: 3
An Old Man Returns,
The combined Junior/Senior Classic Race was not part of the original schedule, it was merely a solution to a bigger problem. I would imagine (as we have not had the schedule confirmed yet) that the statement refers to the original schedule from this year, with the new regulations included.
The weather problem at the MGP is not a new thing, I remember the 100mph gales and persisting rain which cleared the paddock in the mid-eighties, we just have to deal with these things as they arise!
Cheers,
Carolynn
16-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Website Find Reply

(16-11-2009, 12:44 AM)Carolynn Wrote: An Old Man Returns,
The combined Junior/Senior Classic Race was not part of the original schedule, it was merely a solution to a bigger problem. I would imagine (as we have not had the schedule confirmed yet) that the statement refers to the original schedule from this year, with the new regulations included.
The weather problem at the MGP is not a new thing, I remember the 100mph gales and persisting rain which cleared the paddock in the mid-eighties, we just have to deal with these things as they arise!
Cheers,
Carolynn

Thank you for pointing out the combined race was not part of the original schedule Caroline Huh, I may be getting on but I do realise that.
The original point raised was in regard the vague mention of possible alterations to schedules, unconfirmed as yet. The statements issued could be read (even by the age'd) the schedule run in 2009 may not be changed....2010 will be 'similar'...similar does not mean the same!
The previous post mentions the full, prior to disruption, format will be run in 2010. This has yet to be confirmed, fingers crossed.
I hope that any confirmation comes sooner rather than later, competitors need to start making costly arrangements and can ill afford to start down this route without surety.
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2009, 09:43 AM by an old man returns.)
16-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
(16-11-2009, 09:41 AM)an old man returns Wrote:
(16-11-2009, 12:44 AM)Carolynn Wrote: An Old Man Returns,
Cheers,
Carolynn
At this point the clubs hands are tied as they don't know what subsidy they will get in view of the current VAT shortfall, I am afraid that does not help us. as i suspect alot of people like us have to start spending the money now, so we can afford it. if they drop one of our races then that would be alot of wasted money. All we can do is have faith in the club as i am sure they want to run every race.

Thank you for pointing out the combined race was not part of the original schedule Caroline Huh, I may be getting on but I do realise that.
The original point raised was in regard the vague mention of possible alterations to schedules, unconfirmed as yet. The statements issued could be read (even by the age'd) the schedule run in 2009 may not be changed....2010 will be 'similar'...similar does not mean the same!
The previous post mentions the full, prior to disruption, format will be run in 2010. This has yet to be confirmed, fingers crossed.
I hope that any confirmation comes sooner rather than later, competitors need to start making costly arrangements and can ill afford to start down this route without surety.
16-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Find Reply

Quote:At this point the clubs hands are tied as they don't know what subsidy they will get in view of the current VAT shortfall, I am afraid that does not help us. as i suspect alot of people like us have to start spending the money now, so we can afford it. if they drop one of our races then that would be alot of wasted money. All we can do is have faith in the club as i am sure they want to run every race.

Crossfingers well put Crossfingers
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2009, 01:21 PM by Malcolm.)
16-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
Not sure if you all saw the recent MGP Survey results.. basically stated the 2009 MGP brought in about 9,000 visitors that spent about £4.9 million. Sounds like a good business decision to continue to run the races..! (And I bet those estimates are very conservative.. NO ONE surveyed me..!!)
Cheers.!!
Ron - Long live the MGP..!!!
19-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
They better bloody run it, I just bought my ferry ticket last week, £636 ??? Censored

Yes folks the world's shortest retirement has ended, the Formula Classic has tempted me enough to risk entering the Norton, relying on the original factory guarantee of 8 laps or 8,000rpm, whichever occurs first!!!

Now, I just need to find a kind person to lend me a Minitwin Angel
24-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Website Find Reply