Predictions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Predictions
Just over a week till practice, so here's my guess on likely winners in the classes I have a small idea about.

Newcomers - Barry Maguire
Junior - Tommy Clucas
Senior - Ian Pattison or Davy Morgan

Tommy could do the double but I think you still need a 750 to win the senior? Other potential winners include, Kenny McCrea, Mark Vernon & Liam Quinn. John Burrows and Maurice Hogg will go well but may not be quite ready for the top speeds needed. A Jackson on the Wilson and Collins Kwacker could be in the hunt as well, very experienced and showed at the TT that he can lap at very fast speeds. Seamus Green has not raced in Ireland this year, been away too long from racing so won't have the edge the regular boys have, and there will always be a surprise package!

Going to take 120mph laps to win...awesome stuff. Don't miss it!
09-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Predictions
Something like this--don't take it TOO serious though!
Senior:--Davy Morgan, Alan Jackson, Tom Clucas

Junior:--I. Pattinson, C. Atkinson, T. Clucas

Lightweight:--S.Kuenne, B. Davidson, G.Bell

Ultra-Lightweight:--K. Taylor, P.Corrin, M.Castle or G. Taubman

Newcomers A:--B.Maguire, K. Doherty, S. Fulton or K. Stewart

Newcomers C:--Not much to go on here but Richie Ellis, Leon Gooding and Martin Jones have impressive Who's Whos

Classic Senior:--A. Oversby, W. Brown, J. Loder

Classic Junior:--W. Brown, Bob Price, J. Barton

Classic Lightweight:--E. Hamilton, R. Richardson, Bud Jackson

This will obviously change towards end of practice week, especially with Newcomers and machine changes etc. Many others could well be in there. Look forward to it anyway. Let's hope for good conditions in all races and a safe run for everyone!
11-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeh basically agree with you:

I'd put John Loder in front of Wattie in the senior classic and I'd put chris magahn in the top 3 in the junior classic basically coz his bike is sooo fast. Your reckon an all honda affair in the junior classic this year i see.

However i'd say your predictions are about right.

Cheers
Will
11-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I don`t know much about any of the classes except the Classics. My prediction is that Oversby will win the Senior Classic with John Loder second and Jason Griffiths third. Good
all, Myers, Brown will be there or thereabouts. Griffiths will win the Junior with McGahan second and Goodall third. Brew, Whalley and Millinship to fill the top 6. Richardson for the Lighweight.
12-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jason's not doing the Manx this year
12-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah McGahan won't be far away. But I can't help feeling those helmet ears, which he wore at the Pre-TT, will slow him considerably on the Mountain Mile !!!!
12-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh right, cheers Barry! Whoops! Errr...in that case, are you in the Senior Classic? Well I'll slot you in the top 6 then if you are!
13-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well cheers for that! I was 6th in the Senior last year AND I had to have a fuel stop !

But I'm out of it this year. Recovering from serious injuries after an accident in the Southern 100.

Thats why I'm in a position to do predictions!! Still looking forward to it, despite the disappointment!
13-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear that Barry. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
13-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wattie Brown for the senior classic,he has been so close in the past.Just needs luck for a change.
22-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jamie, i notice you mentioned Mark Vernon in with a chance. Is Mark riding? He lives a few miles from me and when we spoke to him after he did the proddy TT he said he wouldn't be doing the manx because of a ill relative.

Anyone know if he is there?
23-08-2004, 12:57 AM