BSB Drop Donington Park From 2010 Calendar
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BSB Drop Donington Park From 2010 Calendar
MSVR, the commercial and organisational rights holder of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in association with Pirelli has today issued a revised 2010 calendar.

The major change concerns Donington Park which has not been able to be included in the 2010 calendar. The Donington circuit operating companies entered into administration last month and the track is currently in an unusable condition. Earlier this year several planned race meetings were cancelled and the BSB round was only able to be confirmed as going ahead eight days before the event, which was quite unsatisfactory. Such uncertainty is clearly unacceptable for the teams, series organisers and spectators.

Donington Park had occupied September 10/11/12 on the provisional calendar. Croft is now re-instated to this date, whilst on May 21/22/23 the championship will now visit the popular Cadwell Park circuit in Lincolnshire for the first of two championship rounds.

Other minor changes in the month of July see Knockhill moving to July 2/3/4 and Snetterton to July 16/17/18.
MSVR Chief Executive Jonathan Palmer said; “It is very important for the teams, our broadcast and commercial partners and above all the fans that we prepare a calendar consisting of venues where there is no doubt about whether or not the event will actually take place. The prospect of a second event at Cadwell Park in May will I’m sure be great news for the many thousands of fans that already flock to the August Bank Holiday meeting.”

2010 MCE INSURANCE BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP CALENDAR

April 3/4/5 - Brands Hatch (Indy)

April 16/17/18 - Thruxton

May 1/2/3 - Oulton Park

May 21/22/23 - Cadwell Park

June 25/26/27 - Mallory Park

July 2/3/4 - Knockhill

July 16/17/18 - Snetterton

August 6/7/8 - Brands Hatch (GP)*

August 28/29/30 - Cadwell Park

September 10/11/12 - Croft

September 24/25/26 - Silverstone (Arena GP)

October 8/9/10 - Oulton Park *

Events in bold are changes from the previous calendar issued on the 9th October 2009.

* - Denotes three BSB races at these events, all others two.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Website Find Reply