Hodgson and Linfoot wrap up opening test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hodgson and Linfoot wrap up opening test
Motorpoint Yamaha's Neil Hodgson and Dan Linfoot have ended their first pre-season test in Almeria and the new team-mates have declared that the three days on track have certainly proved beneficial ahead of the start of the 2010 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

For former BSB champion Hodgson this test has been his first opportunity to ride the Motorpoint Yamaha as he prepares for his much-anticipated return to the championship and he already admits he is feeling at home with the new team.

Hodgson said: "This test has been a great opportunity for me to work with the Motorpoint Yamaha team for the first time and it has been a really positive three days for everyone. I am feeling really happy with what we have able to achieve in a short space of time. We have only been making minor changes at this stage but we are now all looking forward to getting back on track in the new year and making further progress when we start testing again after Christmas."

Linfoot meanwhile has used the track time to readjust to the Yamaha and the new changes made since the end of the 2009 season, but the former Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship contender believes that the package is already stronger than when he rode the bike at the final BSB rounds of the championship.

Linfoot said : "Today has been fantastic and I think we definitely saved the best until last. We have had three days of building up on track and optimizing the set-up on the Motorpoint Yamaha and it certainly paid off as we improved the times today by another 0.7s. I am so happy with how these three days have gone and it has been unreal; I just didn't want to stop riding the bike at the end of today. The whole team is feeling really happy and we are now looking forward to our next test. I really feel now that Christmas has come early for me!"
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Website Find Reply