BRIDEWELL SIGNS FOR QUAY GARAGE RACING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BRIDEWELL SIGNS FOR QUAY GARAGE RACING
Wiltshire rider Tommy Bridewell will contest the 2010 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship having signed for the team that won this year's Superbike Cup, Quay Garage Racing.

Having recently concluded a deal with Team Principal Ian Woolacott, the 21 year old from Etchilhampton near Devizes will race in the main championship class as opposed to the new 'Evo' class.

With Gary Mason convincingly winning the 2009 Mirror.co.uk Cup with a total of 18 victories, the team has decided to make the step up to the next level and following Bridewell's return to the BSB series mid season, which culminated in an impressive seven wins and fifth in the standings, a deal was stuck which will see Tommy riding for the Braunton, North Devon team.

The team has the very competitive ex Paul Bird Motorsport Honda Fireblades, on which Mason took the title, at their disposal currently although it is still to be decided as to what make and model of machine Bridewell will ride as discussions with various manufacturers are ongoing.

Tommy Bridewell:

"I'm delighted to be joining up with Ian and the team at Quay Garage and I'm really looking forward to the season ahead. It also helps when you know what you're doing this side of Christmas as that way, we can focus on what we need to achieve. As soon as it's been decided what bikes we'll be racing, we plan on getting some serious track time under our belts as I aim to give this my very best shot. Being from Devon, like me they all talk funny so at least we can all understand what we're saying!"

Ian Woolacott, Team Principal:

"We've had Tommy in our sights for a long time and I know he'll do a fantastic job for us. He lives for his racing and I'm sure he can take us to the next level and I'm really looking forward to working with him. Whilst we're very serious about competing, we have a relaxed approach to racing and I'm sure Tommy will feel at home in our team. You could say we're the small team with big ambitions and we aim to continue our success in 2010."

The opening round of the 2010 MCE British Superbike Championship takes place at Brands Hatch on Easter Monday and for further information, please visit http://www.quaygarageracing.com or http://www.britishsuperbike.com.

Revised 2010 Calendar (still provisional)

R1 Brands Hatch - 3/4/5 April
R2 Thruxton - 16/17/18 April
R3 Oulton Park - 1/2/3 May
R4 Cadwell Park - 21/22/23 May
R5 Mallory Park - 25/26/27 June
R6 Knockhill - 2/3/4 July
R7 Snetterton - 16/17/18 July
R8 Brands Hatch GP - 6/7/8 August
R9 Cadwell Park - 28/29/30 August
R10 Croft - 10/11/12 September
R11 Silverstone GP - 24/25/26 September
R12 Oulton Park - 8/9/10 October
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Website Find Reply