McConnell And Westmoreland In New Came Yamaha Line-up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
McConnell And Westmoreland In New Came Yamaha Line-up
The new CAME Yamaha team, previously known as Raceways Yamaha, have unveiled their 2010 line-up for the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship with the title contenders signing Billy McConnell and James Westmoreland for their attack on the trophy.

McConnell remains with the official factory-backed Yamaha team for a second consecutive season after finishing runner-up in 2009 following an epic season-long battle with Steve Plater for the championship. McConnell took three race wins and a further four podiums for the team this year with the title chase going down to the wire at the final round.

Westmoreland strengthens the team’s line-up following two seasons in the Championship; he finished third in the 2009 standings taking a maiden race win at Brands Hatch with a further victory at Silverstone and four podium finishes.

The team also have a new title sponsor for 2010 and both McConnell and Westmoreland will run in CAME livery. CAME (pronounced ca-may), is the UK’s premier supplier of automatic gates and access control equipment and were represented for the first time in the British Superbike Championship paddock in 2009 and is now strengthening their presence ahead of the new season.

McConnell said:

“It’s obviously mega for me to stay with the team for next season as they are the top Yamaha team in the Championship and we proved this year we have what it takes to win the title. We have a strong package and we came so close to having that number one plate this year, so I know that we need to go one better in 2010. The team are one of the best in the paddock and I want to win the title for them and also our new sponsor CAME.”

Westmoreland said:

“To join the CAME Yamaha team is obviously a great opportunity for me as they are a proven team who are ready to fight for the title. The Championship is always so close and competitive and I am sure next season will be no different but I know that we have the package to win. I am now looking forward to getting pre-season testing underway and I just can’t wait to get the season started. I would like to thank Steve Rodgers at Raceways and our sponsors CAME for giving me the chance to challenge for the title.”

CAME Yamaha Team Manager Steve Rodgers said:

“We are looking forward to next year and we are delighted to have a new title sponsor in CAME for 2010. It is an important year for the team as we are focused on nothing less than winning the title after finishing runner-up for the past two seasons. We have unfinished business in the Supersport Championship and we are confident that we have two proven title contenders in Billy McConnell and James Westmoreland.”

CAME Group UK Managing Director, James Bostock said:

“Sponsoring the Raceways team will provide the nationwide network of CAME installers a competitive and professional team to support and follow in the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship. Combining riding talent like Billy McConnell and James Westmoreland and the professional and experienced team at Raceways, we are all surely set for a fantastic, successful and exciting season.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
17-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Website Find Reply