Andrews and Mason for Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Andrews and Mason for Kawasaki
Simon Andrews will continue for a second term with the MSS Colchester Kawaasaki and he will be joined by the vastly experienced Gary Mason as the team bids for glory in next year’s MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in association with Pirelli.

Andrews showed a fast maturing style, finishing sixth in the overall standings, in his first season with the team and the Evesham rider expects much more with the continuing development of their ZX-10 machines.

"I never wanted to leave Kawasaki as the people are amazing. There's a lot of technical support and information coming our way in 2010,” explained 27 year old Andrews.

“I'm excited that Gary is joining the team as we get on well and it'll be good to have a team-mate with a similar style. I've never known him as hungry as he is now, but there's no one more hungry than me. It's going to be a good season,"
added Andrews.

Mason, the 30 year old Lichfield rider, has a long pedigree of Superbike action topped by winning the BSB Cup title this year, with a string of 18 victories, riding for the Quay Garage Honda team.

Now, he is back in contention to challenge for the sport’s premier crown, and Mason is delighted: "I can't begin to tell you what this means to me. I've spent the last four years of my career to get back to this point. It's all I've ever wanted, to be back in a top team in BSB - it's a dream come true.

“The 2009 ZX-10 was good but I know it's going to get even better. This is a big year for me and I've got to make it happen; it's taken me a long time to get back and there's no way I'm going to let up now. I've got consistency plus we're going to have a great bike and I know it can win races,"
added Mason.

His place in the Quay Garage team has been taken by Tommy Bridewell who returned to domestic action midway through the 2009 season with some impressive rides in the BSB Cup.

They too step up into the main championship, with Bridewell relishing the prospect: "I'm delighted and I'm really looking forward to the season ahead. It also helps when you know what you're doing this side of Christmas as that way, we can focus on what we need to achieve. As soon as it's been decided what bikes we'll be racing, we plan on getting some serious track time under our belts as I aim to give this my very best shot."

The opening round of the 2010 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in association with Pirelli is at Brands Hatch over the weekend of 3/4/5 April.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
17-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Website Find Reply