Laverty goes back to black with Relentless Suzuki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty goes back to black with Relentless Suzuki
Michael Laverty will be back on the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship grid in the familiar colours of Relentless Suzuki after sealing a deal to return to the team this year.

[Image: relenlessbsb1.gif]
Pic by Stephen Davidson

The news of Laverty's arrival boosts the team's line-up with the 2007 British Supersport champion joining reigning National Superstock 1000 champion Alastair Seeley as the pair vie for Suzuki's first BSB crown since 2004. Laverty believes that the Relentless Suzuki team have already upped their game from the last time he raced in BSB in 2008 after appearances at a test and the Sunflower Trophy race in 2009.

Laverty told the BSB website: "I am really happy to be back in BSB with the Relentless Suzuki team and I really think we can have a great season. I have raced all of the boys before apart from Yukio (Kagayama) and Josh (Brookes) and I honestly believe that there is no clear favourite for the title and we have the chance to shine.

"I had a bit of a strange year in 2009, starting in America with a few rounds and then ended up the year riding for various teams in the World Supersport Championship but it was the wrong time to go to the States but that is water under the bridge now. I have to admit though when I tested the Relentless Suzuki with the team during last year at Kirkistown I wished I had stayed!

"I know that the team have made some real steps forward over last year and I come back to familiar territory, knowing the tracks and the whole of the TAS team. I believe that the Relentless Suzuki has stepped up a notch from when I last raced it in BSB in 2008 and with factory parts we have a really strong package to fight for the title."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Website Find Reply