Jorge Lorenzo suffers hand injury
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jorge Lorenzo suffers hand injury
The Fiat Yamaha rider has had surgery on his right hand following a training accident on Thursday, and will not participate in the next test at Sepang which takes place from February 25-26.

[Image: lorenzohead.gif]

Jorge Lorenzo underwent an operation on his right hand on Thursday, after a motocross training accident near Montmeló.

The 22 year-old Spanish rider, who was runner-up in the 2009 MotoGP World Championship, fell in a slow corner when doing approximately 30 km/h and hurt his right hand as he landed.

Lorenzo was immediately taken to the Capio Hospital General de Catalunya where it was discovered he had a fracture at the base of the first metacarpal and a displaced thumb. Doctor Augusto J. Casanovas made an open reduction and osteosynthesis with a small titanium plate, and Lorenzo will require hand protection for four to six weeks.

The Fiat Yamaha rider left the hospital on Friday morning and returned to his home to begin his recuperation. He will not participate in the Sepang test, which is scheduled for February 25-26, but is expected to make a full recovery in time for the final pre-season test in Qatar, which is due to take place from March 18-19
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Website Find Reply