WORX CRESCENT SUZUKI COMPLETE FIRST 2010 TEST
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
WORX CRESCENT SUZUKI COMPLETE FIRST 2010 TEST
The Worx Crescent Suzuki team today successfully completed a three-day shakedown test at the Portimao Circuit in southern Portugal in preparation for the 2010 British Superbike Championship.

[Image: suzuki10.gif]

The test was blighted by rain on the first and final days but team riders Tommy Hill and Yukio Kagayama were able to complete important first tests on new suspension and electronics packages on the 2010 Suzuki GSX-R1000.

Jack Valentine - Team Manager:

“It’s been a successful shakedown. We’re a much bigger team this year with some new personnel, so this test has been a great opportunity to get everyone together and to gel as a team.

“For Yukio, it’s been an introduction to the Crescent bike and the Pirelli control tyres as used in BSB. Tommy and Yukio have also been working on getting base settings for the new Öhlins suspension and the updated Motec electronics package we’re using this year. The rain has compressed our schedule but we were still able to run through many settings and we’re very pleased with the progress we’ve made.”

Tommy Hill:

“We’ve completed a lot of preparatory work that we had to get out of the way, putting together some good base settings with the suspension and electronics. We’ve also been trying some different clutches and different engine braking systems. It’s been busy. Now I’m looking forward to Cartagena and meeting up with the rest of the BSB riders.”

Yukio Kagayama:

“I’m very happy to be back with the team and this has been helpful as a lead-up to the test at Cartegena. There are many parts which are specific to the Crescent Suzuki - different to my bike from last year - so it’s been helpful coming here to get a feel for the bike. Now I go back to Japan for a short time before coming back with my family - we’re really looking forward to a year living in England.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Website Find Reply