Parkes suffers bad break
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Parkes suffers bad break
Australian rider Broc Parkes is to miss the opening round of the 2010 FIM World Superbike Championship after breaking his leg in a training accident.

The injury is a huge blow for the Echo CRS Honda Superbike rider, who rode for the Kawasaki team in 2009, as the opening round of the season is on his home soil at Phillip Island near Melbourne.

Parkes endured a frustrating season last year but he shone when handed a wildcard ride the the British Superbike Championship round at Brands Hatch, finishing second in all three races.

"I wish Broc all the best for an early recovery; we are waiting anxiously for his return," team manager Sandro Di Stefano said. "Now he has to concentrate on getting back into the best condition as soon as possible.

"This is a false start for us and it complicates our debut. Superbike is a difficult category, where every minor detail must be taken care of.

"Things like this confirm how much the human factor is one of the elements that can occasionally slip out of control".

The team are said to be looking at possible replacements but no announcement has been made as yet.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Website Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Parkes suffers bad break
(15-02-2010, 09:39 PM)Malcolm Wrote: Australian rider Broc Parkes is to miss the opening round of the 2010 FIM World Superbike Championship after breaking his leg in a training accident.

The injury is a huge blow for the Echo CRS Honda Superbike rider, who rode for the Kawasaki team in 2009, as the opening round of the season is on his home soil at Phillip Island near Melbourne.

Parkes endured a frustrating season last year but he shone when handed a wildcard ride the the British Superbike Championship round at Brands Hatch, finishing second in all three races.

"I wish Broc all the best for an early recovery; we are waiting anxiously for his return," team manager Sandro Di Stefano said. "Now he has to concentrate on getting back into the best condition as soon as possible.

"This is a false start for us and it complicates our debut. Superbike is a difficult category, where every minor detail must be taken care of.

"Things like this confirm how much the human factor is one of the elements that can occasionally slip out of control".

The team are said to be looking at possible replacements but no announcement has been made as yet.
Me thinks he should have stuck with speedway. This is indeed awful news and I wonder how many more injuries his body can cope with.
16-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Find Reply