Moto GP 125cc News Round Up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Moto GP 125cc News Round Up
Webb thrilled at Spanish link-up

[Image: dannywebb1.gif]

British teenager Danny Webb is on the verge of signing a deal with the Andalucia Cajasol team in the 125cc World Championship.

Danny Webb is set to start his fourth season in the 125cc category on board an RSA with the Andalucia Cajasol team, as he awaits confirmation of a deal with the team which will contest its first season in the World Championship in 2010.

Following the withdrawal of the WRB Team, with whom Webb had signed a two-year deal, he is now looking forward to linking up with the Spanish outfit and is expecting to sign an agreement at the beginning of next week.

“I want to stay in the GP paddock, because it’s so hard to get back into if you’ve left it,” Webb explained to motogp.com. “At the moment it’s just waiting to be signed – we’ve been talking over the last week or so. Hopefully we’ll get it all signed up by the beginning of next week – I’ll fly over to Valencia to do it – and then I can get on that Andalucia bike and get some good results.”

Webb continued: “At the moment we haven’t agreed any length of the deal, I think it will be just for a year. We’re still talking so it might be one year, it might be two. I hope to be riding with them on March 1 at Valencia, it just depends if we get the contract all sorted out in time.”

The Andalucia team became interested in Webb as soon as they were aware of his availability, with the potential of a British rider opening up the valuable link with tourists in the UK. Similarly, the opportunity of competing with a team which has its roots in the CEV Buckler (Spanish National Championship) is something that appeals to Webb greatly.

“They’ve come from the Spanish Championship and of course I started there so it would be fantastic to get working with a Spanish team, and hopefully get them a good profile in GPs in their first year there,” he said.

“On an RSA I would want to be finishing in the top five, definitely, but whatever bike I’m on I’m always going to push my hardest.”

Adrián Martín, who was set to be Webb’s team-mate for WRB, has agreed a deal with Team Aeroport de Castelló in the 125cc World Championship for this season.

Smith glad to start 2010

[Image: bradleysmith2.gif]

Bradley Smith was back on his Aprilia of the Bancaja Aspar team at Montmeló on Thursday.

British rider Bradley Smith recorded 50 laps and a best time of 1’53.8 on Thursday, as he completed his first day at the test at the Circuit de Catalunya.

Making a return to riding after three months off during the winter, Smith told motogp.com he was delighted to have had a solid day’s work before returning on Friday.

“It felt a bit strange today – a little bit rusty,” he said. “I’m just trying to blow the cobwebs off and get back into the feeling of pushing the bike to its limits, finding how much grip it’s got which was a little bit difficult today because of the lack of track temperature. Throughout the day we improved steadily and lap times tumbled down, they weren’t particularly fast but they improved in every session. We kept working hard, we rode 50 laps and have started 2010, which feels awesome.”

He continued: “Here has always been a slight bogey track for me, especially with Aprilia. I’ve had a 13th and an 8th over the past couple of years so it will be important to work a bit more on the direction we need to go, and try and get a good feeling. I see this track as being one of the critical moments of this year’s season. It’s on the end of three back-to-back weekends, so if we can finish this test knowing that we can go to the race strong, then we’ve already got that confidence. When you go to a track and you’re already a little bit nervous, it’s a bit worrying. But regardless it has been a good day and nice to get back on the Aprilia.”

Smith intends to continue where he left off on Friday, getting more track time before the official test in Valencia, from March 1-3.

“It’s the first day, which is always a struggle when you’re trying to get back into it,” he explained. “We haven’t had any silly crashes, we stayed on the bike and we put in 50 solid laps. Hopefully we can put in more tomorrow and go away from this test very happy.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
19-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Website Find Reply