Technical Director of Moto2 details the engines
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Technical Director of Moto2 details the engines
Mike Webb, Technical Director of the Moto2 World Championship, discusses the power of the Honda engines after the first day of the official test at Valencia.

[Image: moto2-3.gif]

Following the first day of testing with the official Moto2 engines at Valencia on Monday, motogp.com spoke with Technical Director of the Championship, Mike Webb, to find out his impressions of the new motors.

Discussing the characteristics of the new engines which will be used in the inaugural Moto2 season, Webb said: “It’s an engine based on the Honda CBR600, with three main objectives: reliability above all, the same level of performance for everyone, and competitiveness.”

Webb then revealed a fact that until now had only been considered as information reserved for Honda and Geo Technology. He stated: “The engines have approximately 140 horsepower, and from what we’ve seen today we can say it will be a great Championship.”

“I have spoken with some of the chief mechanics of the teams after the first day and everyone is satisfied,” continued Webb. “The comments are mainly that these engines are very similar to the ones prepared by the teams specifically for their riders. These engines are new, and their performance will improve after some action.”

“I’m very happy with how things have gone today. We have had very few problems, and the times are very good. In the first day of the test we are now less than a second off the fastest 250cc race lap and the conditions are still slightly cold.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Website Find Reply