The rider's TT experience
Lizee Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

Bit late in the day...but I'm new to this :oops:

In response to, 'Perhaps you could get some very low key and in depth interviews with some of the lesser knowns in the paddock, the ones who will not be the winners but to whom the TT means everything. '

You could do worse than talk to Ex Bemsee & MRO Minitwins front-runner, Chris "Fozzy" Foster. He had a kidney transplant 3 years ago and thought he'd never ride again, let alone race in the TT. He participated in the Manx GP 2005 and came home with:

A 6th in the Newcomers race

The quickest member of the winning team for the Padget trophy awarded to the winning Newcomers team (The Andreas club team)

Received the Alan Hampton trophy for 'The most meritous performance for a Newcomer in the Junior race. ( he was also the fastest newcomer on a 600 in the Senior), and Ihegot a silver replica in each race (3)

The Andreas Club awarded him with the Terry Smith Trophy for his results in the Manx GP.

he says: "I don't think I'm ever going to match that haul. Even if by some miracle I do they will never mean more to me than these, they mark a significant time and memories of really good people"

He is participating in the TT this year, number 80 with a red background. Already he's up to 26th position from an 80th place start. he is sponsored by Slick! Performance, and Suregas.
29-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
Home is where the heart is....
[Bill Snelling came to do the manx and never went home...]
I am sure Bill will say that he came to BE home..... :roll:
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
23-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: The rider's TT experience
So did anything come of this string ????

Was a prog made of the TT that we haven't seen yet>???
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
20-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Website Find Reply