2010 Kicks into Life at Cartagena for Motorpoint Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
2010 Kicks into Life at Cartagena for Motorpoint Yamaha
The Motorpoint Yamaha team started their season preparations in the Spanish sunshine, a 7 day test incorporating two circuits will give the Yamaha duo of Neil Hodgson and Dan Linfoot plenty of track time ahead of the season opener at Brands Hatch.

[Image: motorpoint1.gif]

Cartagena will be the first circuit before the teams move onto Guadix later in the week, both circuits are very typical of the Spanish design, specifically built around smaller bikes they prove to be very physical which is ideal for getting the boy’s back into bike shape and sharpening their focus!

Neil Hodsgon 1.37.0

“I forgot how hard work it is around this track! On a Superbike it’s pretty wild but good fun to, the bike has changed quite a lot since our last test and I am beginning to feel like it is my bike. It is definitely a different animal to work out with the cross plane crank engine feel, having plenty of track time means we can chill out and work through stuff we have planned”.

Dan Linfoot 1.35.8

“I’m loving my bike! Since our last test with the new settings I have been so keen to get back on my bike, the guy’s have worked some more on the bike and it’s even better! I really like this track to and felt comfortable from the start and want to keep learning how to get the best out of the bike and myself”.

Rob Mac

“We had a trip out to Spain in December but that was a bit of a jolly and a get together for all the team, this is much more serious and focused. These Spanish tracks are very good for the boy’s fitness and concentration, after 7 day’s of working out around Cartagena and Guadix they will both need a rest before Brands!”

Motorpoint Yamaha team 2nd day test

The Motorpoint Yamaha Team of Neil Hodgson and Dan Linfoot continued their preparation for the 2010 British Superbike Chanpionship at a cold and blustery Cartagena Circuit in Spain.

Sunny and calm with 24 degrees was replaced with cold and windy and 15 degrees! Good prep for Brands Hatch at Easter!

Neil Hodgson 1.36.4

“Another good day although the wind was a bit tricky, I am really enjoying working out this bike, it is fair to say that the engine characteristics are weird and I am having to go back to basics and start again. The great thing for me is that we have not touched the bike set up wise, normally these tests are spent trying to get the bike working, my bike works great it is just me who has to work with it better!”

Dan Linfoot 1.35.3

“Another solid day for me, my confidence gains with every lap, the test is working well with plenty of track time to grind out good laps, I am now getting more relaxed and able to put together some consistent fast lap runs. I want to spend more time on the track and work out how the bike changes with race distance tyres and fuel”

Rob Mac

“Another good day for the guy’s, Dan is buzzing with confidence and Neil is enjoying himself working the bike out, so far everything is on course, the bikes have not missed a beat which is testament to all the hard work the guy’s have put in preparing the bikes for this test”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2010, 07:47 PM by Malcolm.)
06-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Website Find Reply