Motorpoint Yamaha Days 3 & 4 testing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Motorpoint Yamaha Days 3 & 4 testing
[Image: motopointjoint1.gif]

Day 3

Another strong day for the Motorpoint Yamaha team, both Neil Hodgson and Dan Linfoot continued to improve their lap times and consistency.

The track conditions where still very windy and cold so the positive steps forward are very encouraging.

Neil Hodgson 1.35.8

“My aim for today was to get into the 35’s so I am pleased with that, the wind was a bit scary so hopefully if we get a good last day we should step up a bit more. The work in progress is very satisfying and like I said before there is nothing to touch on the bike I just need to keep working on my riding input”

Dan Linfoot 1.34.7

“I’m loving my day job ! we have quite a few days left of testing so I’m keeping my feet on the ground and Rob is making sure I keep my focus, but so far it has been amazing, I am getting more and more accustomed to the bike which is really confidence inspiring, I really can’t wait to get back on for the next session!”

Rob Mac

“Another solid day for us, Dan has clicked and it is all coming easy for him, he has landed in the zone and it is great to see him so chilled out.

Neil is making great progress, he has come from riding bikes that need a completely different style, he has a great team around him who are helping him work out this new bike, another day on track and he will have worked it out!

Day 4

The fourth and final day of testing at the Cartagena Circuit saw a good improvement in lap times and a very good feeling from both riders.

Although the wind had dropped and the temperature had risen the middle of the day brought with it some rain and a halt in testing, after the shower the track lost a little grip and effected the riders lap times.

Neil Hodgson 1.34.9

“It has been a great test albeit a little frustrating now its over, I would like to have finished with a bit better lap but struggled to put the whole lap together, we have really made some good steps forward and I have definitely got more of an understanding of the bike.

A new track to learn on Tuesday so that gives me more time on the bike”.

Dan Linfoot 1.34.4

“Absolutely mega test, some of the boy’s were firing tyres in at the end for a lap time and went a bit faster, but all in all I am really happy.

I feel I can race with any of them and can’t wait to carry on with the next test in Guadix”

Rob Mac

“That’s a great way to start our season, 4 day’s of very positive track time going forward every day, both the guy’s getting stronger with every session.

The bikes have been perfect and we move on to Guadix for our next test feeling very positive”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
07-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Website Find Reply