SUCCESSFUL CARTAGENA TEST FOR GNS RACING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SUCCESSFUL CARTAGENA TEST FOR GNS RACING
Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship Team GNS Racing has concluded a successful outing at Cartagena with both Sam Lowes and Paul Jordan enjoying their first Spanish test of the season.

[Image: gnsracinglogo.gif]

Both riders reported positivity with 19-year-old Lincoln rider Lowes lapping amongst the leading riders whilst 18-year-old Paul Jordan from Magherafelt in Northern Ireland got more laps under his belt to aid his transition to four-stroke racing as part of the Southampton-based team.

Sam Lowes, #11 Team Rider:

"I am very happy with the test, it was my first time at the circuit, which is very demanding and it helped me get dialled in with the bike. I'm delighted with the way we have got the bike working as well as the set up and the team are all working brilliantly. It was great to set a best time of 1:36.2 during a race simulation on the final day where all my laps were in the 36's which showed we have good pace over the race distance already and has been a big factor which we have been working on in testing. I feel already as though we could go racing tomorrow and can't wait for Brands although now we are heading off to Guadix where it will hopefully be sunny."

Paul Jordan, #61 Team Rider:

"I am very impressed with the bike and team and everything is working really well. The Cartagena circuit is very twisty and has really showed me how I have had to change my style to the four-stroke machine and it's starting to feel better. I improved my lap times consistently throughout and although I wasn't pushing for out and out speed, I still managed to set a lap time well into the 1.39's which I was happy with. I am now really looking forward to the Guadix test and hopefully some sunny weather."

[Image: gnsracing2.gif]

Gary Stubbington, GNS Team Owner:

"The riders and the bikes worked very well all test long and everyone gelled together which is fantastic. The weather conditions were not that great but we were able to get some consistent times in. The new suspension worked well and all the new Motec systems enabled the riders to get acclimatised to the bikes and it's thanks in particular to all the sponsors and suppliers that enabled us to come to Spain with everything we needed. I'm looking forward to Guadix where we have two days of open pit lane and we will be able to do more race simulations and test other equipment we will be using in the Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship."

The next test at Guadix takes place on March 9th and 10th and the final test takes place with the official BSB test day at Brands Hatch on 17th March in readiness for the first race at Brands Hatch over Easter (April 3rd to 5th).

2010 British Supersport Calendar (provisional)

R1 Brands Hatch 3/4/5 April
R2 Thruxton 16/17/18 April
R3 Oulton Park 1/2/3 May
R4 Cadwell Park 21/22/23 May
R5 Mallory Park 25/26/27 June
R6 Knockhill 2/3/4 July
R7 Snetterton 16/17/18 July
R8 Brands Hatch GP 6/7/8 August
R9 Cadwell Park 28/29/30 August
R10 Croft 10/11/12 September
R11 Silverstone GP 24/25/26 September
R12 Oulton Park 8/9/10 October
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
07-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Website Find Reply