Silverstone work nearing completion
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

[Image: silverstonemod1.gif]
Track works completed around Woodcote and the Brooklands Complex

Work on the new track layout and improved spectator facilities at the British circuit remains on schedule to finish by the end of March.

MotoGP visits the Silverstone circuit for the AirAsia British Grand Prix in June, and the multi-million pound work which has been undertaken to improve the venue remains on course for completion by the end of March.

The Northamptonshire circuit will have a new track layout and improved spectator facilities, making the MotoGP World Championship’s return to Silverstone for the first time since 1986 even more of a spectacular event.

Richard Phillips, Managing Director of Silverstone Circuits Limited, said: “Work on the circuit and venue is on schedule. The team has been working around the clock, through some pretty terrible weather conditions, to make sure the circuit is ready on time. The track works at Brooklands and Woodcote are now complete, including the new run-off area for the fast entry into Pits Straight, while the major new development – the new section of circuit from Abbey, up to the Arena Complex and round to the National Straight – is also coming along nicely.”

Phillips continued: “There is still a considerable amount of work going on at Silverstone, including the new elevated banks and spectator viewing areas, which will continue beyond March. Conference and hospitality buildings are also being built on the new Stowe Complex.”

The 2010 AirAsia British Grand Prix takes place at the Silverstone circuit from June 18-20
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
09-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Website Find Reply