Moto Rapido Ducati to Remain in Superstock For 2010
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Moto Rapido Ducati to Remain in Superstock For 2010
Moto Rapido Ducati have taken the decision to remain in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 series for 2010 after plans to run Scott Smart in the new British Superbike Evo class encountered financial problems.

The move has been determined after a proposed title sponsor pulled out at the 11th hour. It has left the squad with no option but to run Smart and team-mate Leon Hunt in the litre-class but team boss Steve Moore is still upbeat about their chances this year.

“To have to make this decision so late on is disappointing to say the least but I firmly believe Scott and Leon will be more than competitive in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 series, as we were last season,” said Moore.

“In all honesty, I think Superstock will be the most closely-fought series within British Superbikes this year and will generate the most interest. There are a lot of experienced riders on good packages so it is up to us to make sure we are up there from the start.

“After last year, we have got all the data we need from all the tracks, plus we have had some more help from Ducati Corse over the winter so I think we should be in pretty good shape.”

“Scott tested at a cold Oulton Park last weekend but, despite the temperatures, we were able to get some good data to take forward to Brands Hatch at the start of next month. Personally, I am very confident with the mix of Scott’s experience and Leon’s youthful enthusiasm.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Website Find Reply