LOWES ON LAP RECORD PACE IN GUADIX
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
LOWES ON LAP RECORD PACE IN GUADIX
Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship Team GNS Racing has concluded their pre-season Spanish testing schedule on a high with an impressive performance at Guadix.

[Image: gnsracinglogo.gif]

Despite the first day being affected by snow and temperatures remaining cool on day two, 19-year-old Sam Lowes managed to better the existing lap record on his Honda CBR600 whilst 18-year-old team-mate Paul Jordan continued his progress in getting acquainted with the bike at the track near Granada.

Lowes from Lincoln managed a best time of 1:15.9 which was half a second inside Eugene Laverty's lap record with Jordan, from Magherafelt in Northern Ireland getting down to the low 1:20s as the pair did over 100 laps each during the two days for the Southampton-based team.

Sam Lowes, #11 Team Rider:

"I didn't expect to wake up to snow but once it cleared, we set about our work and I have to admit I'm pleased with how everything went. The bike is working brilliantly and all the time I'm getting more confident, which was reflected in our lap times. We have one more test at Brands Hatch to do and then the season can't come fast enough for me. These tests in Spain have been great for us as a team and we have learned a lot which will hopefully stand us in good stead for the season ahead."

[Image: samlowes1.gif]

Paul Jordan, #61 Team Rider:

"This has been an important week for me as following the test at Cartagena, I needed as much time on the bike as possible at Guadix and despite the weather, we have achieved much of what we set out for. I got my times down and it's starting to feel like my bike now, we're just chipping away and I know where I'm at with everything now. We'll have a better idea after Brands Hatch next week and I'm confident we can find the extra pace needed."

[Image: pauljordan1.gif]

Gary Stubbington, GNS Team Owner:

"I'm pleased with how everything went and for Sam to dip under the lap record is particularly impressive, especially given the low temperatures. Paul's plugging away and working hard and realises he has some work to do but I'm delighted with how the whole team is operating."

The final pre-season test takes place with the official BSB test day at Brands Hatch on 17th March in readiness for the first race at Brands Hatch over Easter (April 3rd to 5th).
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2010, 05:44 PM by Malcolm.)
11-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Website Find Reply