Second test gives Danny Webb further belief
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Second test gives Danny Webb further belief
The British rider’s second official test with the Andalucia Cajasol team at Jerez over the weekend was an extremely productive one, despite a minor crash on Sunday

[Image: dannywebb2.gif]

The sixth fastest time of the official 125cc test at Jerez has given Danny Webb huge confidence, as the young Brit prepares for his fourth season in the World Championship.

Webb posted a best lap of 1’49.456 in the early Sunday session on day two at Jerez and gained more confidence on board the RSA machine he will ride during the 2010 season. A fall in the late session failed to weaken his enthusiasm, and the 18 year-old gave a positive reaction to his experience at Jerez.

“The test has been going well, step by step. In the morning we were taking it easy and in the afternoon we found a good rhythm and were running consistently in the low 1’49s,” Webb told motogp.com following the conclusion of Sunday’s riding. “Then we went out in the evening session and again we were feeling good.”

“We had a problem with the machine at the beginning of the session but we overcame that and I was just getting into my rhythm, and unfortunately I came out of the last corner and the rear tyre just touched the astroturf and flung me off into the wall. I hit my head a bit but I’m feeling okay.”

Poor weather meant that Webb opted to not take to the track again on Monday, but his second test with the Andalucia Cajasol team has left him with real belief that a title challenge in the 2010 season is an achievable target.

He said: “It’s going to be hard, we’re with a new team, but the team are working absolutely fantastically and I couldn’t wish to be in a better set-up. I think it’s possible, we’ll see how the next test goes and get to Qatar and do our best.”

The third and final official Moto2/125cc pre-season test is scheduled to take place at Jerez from March 27-29, with the first race of 2010 in Qatar on April 11th
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Website Find Reply