Recovery complete for Roberto Rolfo
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Recovery complete for Roberto Rolfo
The Italian of the Italtrans STR team was quickly back on the pace with competitive times at the official test at Jerez.

[Image: rolfo2.gif]

On February 18th Roberto Rolfo had a heavy fall on the second day of the private test at Montmeló, which resulted in a dislocated left shoulder. The injury forced him to miss the first official Moto2 test at Valencia last week, but he returned to action over the weekend at Jerez with an impressive display.

“I am better. During this time out between the Barcelona test and now I was able to recover very quickly,” explained the Italian rider to motogp.com. “At the moment I still don’t have the strength to push at my maximum, but I am getting better hour by hour.”

“I’m happy I’ve recovered at such a rapid rate and I hope to be at 100% for the test at the end of the month. I’m sure I’ll be more competitive then.”

Rolfo’s absence at Valencia delayed his first contact with the official Honda engine, and after finally testing the new motor his initial impressions were very positive.

“The bike has changed a little bit compared to the one I rode previously,” he commented. “It’s improved in some aspects; I really like how the engine responds even though the feeling is practically the same.”

“I’m satisfied with the developments that we’ve made to the overall set-up of the bike and I hope we can add a few more kilometres at the final test so we arrive in Qatar in the best possible shape, for the start of the Championship,” concluded Rolfo.

The Italian, who will ride with the number 44 this season, ended the test at Jerez with the eighth fastest time overall – just over nine-tenths of a second off the top of the timesheet
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Website Find Reply