Hobbs Joins Relentless By TAS Racing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hobbs Joins Relentless By TAS Racing
Relentless Suzuki has added 27-year-old Dennis Hobbs to their racing stable for this season’s British championship campaign. The Englishman will contest the Metzeler 1000cc Superstock class on a GSX–R1000 Suzuki, defending the title Alastair Seeley won for the County Tyrone team in 2009.

Hobbs has been plagued by injury over the past 12 months and has not ridden a bike since May 2009. But the Kinross based businessman is well respected within the British championship paddock, and Relentless Suzuki team owner Philip Neill is more than happy to offer him a lifeline.

“It has been a last minute decision to help Dennis,” explained the Moneymore man. “It’s a bit like the situation we found ourselves in last year with Alastair Seeley and look where that took us. I’ve always had the greatest of respect for Dennis – really since we battled against him in 2007 for the British Supersport title, which Michael Laverty eventually won for us.

“It was with reluctance that we were going to leave the Superstock series this year, especially as defending champions, but when Suzuki didn’t have an official entry and Dennis didn’t have a ride – I just thought, why not.”

TAS Racing will supply Hobbs with racing machinery and back-up during 2010, but the English rider will continue with the day-to-day running of his own team, as Neill was quick to point out.

“It’s not a full-on ride. Our focus is one hundred percent on our BSB campaign and of course our NW200 and TT campaign with Cameron and Bruce. We will supply a bike and support, and I’m sure when Dennis gets up to speed he wont be too far away.”

Hobbs’ preferred racing number is 25, which could prove an omen for success during 2010, as Suzuki is currently celebrating twenty five years of their GSX–R sports bike range, which Dennis will be competing on all year.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Website Find Reply