Seeley for NW200 Superbike Races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley for NW200 Superbike Races
Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing’s Alastair Seeley will now join antipodean team-mates Cameron Donald and Bruce Anstey in a three-pronged attack on this year’s Relentless International North West 200 Superbike races.

Seeley had provisionally been entered only, in the Superstock and Supersport classes at the NW200, but team principal Philip Neill is pleased to announce – Seeley will now increase Relentless Suzuki’s representation on the grid in the premier class to three bikes.

"There were a few teething problems that we needed to iron out,” explained Neill, “But that has all been sorted now and Alastair will join Bruce and Cameron on the grid in the two feature races on May 15. It’s an important year for Suzuki with the 25th anniversary of the GSX–R range, so all three riders will now be involved in Supersport, Superstock and Superbike races at the North West.”

Neill added: “I realise it’s a big thing to take on three riders at the North West but we have a committed workforce here at TAS Racing and each rider knows their individual role. It was important for us to give Alastair an opportunity to carry his BSB momentum into the North West 200, but we are putting no pressure on him.”

Seeley who will compete alongside fellow Northern Irishman Michael Laverty in this season’s British Superbike Championship for Relentless Suzuki was obviously delighted at the news.

“I knew it would all sort itself out and I’m sure we can be on the ball come the North West with the Superbike. I’m pleased with the progress we made at the Cartagena test in Spain and all the winter training I’ve been doing has certainly paid off. I’m just looking forward to getting started now.

“I’m sure we can be up at the front challenging in all classes. I’ll be defending my Superstock title and the team has all the settings and knowledge to give us a fighting chance of another 1–2 –3 on the front row in qualifying.

“I wont make any predictions for the Superbike class – I’ll leave the other boys to hang the favourites tag around their neck. Hopefully I can just slip in under the radar and have a good day all round and give Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing some positive results."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Website Find Reply