MZ to compete in Moto2
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MZ to compete in Moto2
A reserve entry until now, the MZ Racing team will participate as a full entrant in the new World Championship intermediate category in 2010

[Image: mz1.gif]

MZ Racing, who have Anthony West as their sole rider, have had their participation in the inaugural Moto2 season confirmed.

The German team, which is directed by Martin Wimmer with former rider Ralf Waldmann as his partner, have already ridden at the recent official tests at Valencia and Jerez, as well as the private test at Catalunya before that. MZ has now been made a permanent entry on the grid of the new category following the withdrawal of the Kino Racing team, who have cancelled their project due to financial problems.

The final readjustments to the Moto2 list for 2010 will see the return to the World Championship scene of experienced Australian rider West, who competed in the former 250cc class for a number of seasons on Honda, KTM and Aprilia bikes, and in MotoGP in 2007 and 2008 with Kawasaki. Absent from the Championship in 2009 West will ride the MZ chassis this year in Moto2, which proved very competitive at the official test at Valencia.

The Spanish Kino Racing team, which was preparing to compete in the new category with Argentinean rider Fabricio Perren, announced their withdrawal due to financial issues. The team were unable to complete their budget on time following the last-minute cancellation of sponsors who had been confirmed, said a team press release.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
17-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Website Find Reply