ITV 4
Ollie B Offline

Threads: 3
ITV 4
Well Guys,

Saturday, I think ITV 4 played a blinder in getting a programme out in the time they did due to the delays......think Milky was mumbling a bit but I am sure he will get better as he does more, very informative he is and uber knoledgeable of the circuit-unlike Parrish!

pictures superb, lots of new locations not seen before, love the slow motion at Quarry Bends! Helicopter not as good as last year tho!

This is just so much better than what we had in the past with Greenlight.
06-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: ITV 4
Truly excellent in every way...Very exciting from chair and from air..
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
06-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Website Find Reply
Kev Brown Offline

Threads: 11
100% with you............
Milky was doing a bit of the 'BBC' thing of oh see how close his knee was to the tarmac type thing.
Yes the high shutter speed images are fantastic.
06-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
We are so privileged in Australia for the first time this year. A sports channel is televising delayed, condensed viewing of the events. So far we have seen hour long shows of the practice, last night was the Superbikes and tonight will probably be the sidecars. Brilliant. Especially the solos when we were able to see a smiling Cameron Donald...at long last.
Jan
Forgot to mention. Things have come a long way for us In Oz since the days of listening to the Radio broadcasts coming via the sea cables in the 1950's. Then, the audio used to phase in and out, depending on the ferocity of the sea waves.
Jan
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2010, 09:45 AM by Jan Grainger.)
07-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
Thinking back to when I - amongst many others - heard that Greenlight had lost the contract....
Boy did we all moan.

Fair play to North One, their coverage has been amazing so far and those super slo-mo shots are unbelievable.

I'm lovin' it!
....scone out to take photos!
07-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Find Reply
Ollie B Offline

Monday 7.06.12....

watched from the Bungalow today, the huge Hi-Motion camera was there with Andy, Bob and Robbie working it, they let us watch some replays of some supersport bikes as they were recording it, amazing bit of equipment, the cam costs nearly £400,000!!

Amazing what Bob can do with it, he is the cameraman, the others are working all the gizmo's in the truck to record it....they were so friendly, we even got home made flap jacks!!

Anyone complaining about not wanting slow motion or Hi-Motion as it is called...........go watch something else, these boys are brilliant at what they do and are happy to explain how it works and show previews of what we may see tonight....!!

Keep it up Hi-Motion boys, take no notice of anyone and just do your stuff....

a thankful fan!!
07-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
Can this be the same Bob who threatened a pensioner with violence for touching his vans wing mirror last year in Sulby.To be fair he did apologise later
07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Find Reply
Ollie B Offline

Well........it seems so but maybe a bit of who you listen to?

I was in the paddock earlier and bumped into the guys again, I said I posted a note on a forum and got a reply about an incident at Sulby.

He said he and 2 other guys were in their van and a guy scraped his wing mirror of his van down the body of their van and stopped, got out and denied it!

When they got out the guy said he never touched it, it slowly made him madder but he said he never threatened him, shout yes but threaten definitely no! In the end he was told to "walk away" a few times which he did.

Why yhe guy stopped, got out and went back to the van is for anyone to decide, but if the guy did do that as Bob said, then he well could have hit their van! The guy said he was an ex travelling marshal so could be anyone really but bob said he didnt look like a pensioner and stood about 6 inches taller than him and solidly built.

Anyway, Bob said he saw him later with his wife, offered an apology which his wife insisited he accept and hands were shaken....

Don''t have reason to disbelieve as he seems a decent fella but I was not there....

Either way, they still do an amazing job, saw the Supersport Junior and their shots are still amazing!
07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Find Reply
Ollie B Offline

oh by the way,

I forgot to say that the camera crew were parked up at kella distillery sorting out the camera when the van was hit ........[/u]
08-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Find Reply