Paul Owen wins inaugural PokerStars ‘Spirit of the TT’ Award
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Paul Owen wins inaugural PokerStars ‘Spirit of the TT’ Award
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

TT rider Paul Owen, from Llangollen, Wales, has won the inaugural PokerStars ‘Spirit of the TT’ Award.

The ‘Spirit of TT’ award is given to recognise a selfless contribution by an individual to the event’s success. The criteria for the award are based on key qualities such as innovation, leadership, teamwork, respect and integrity. The award is open to anyone who contributes to the event, such as riders, marshals and volunteers.

The award is judged by representatives from the ACU, Isle of Man Government, TT sponsor PokerStars, Isle of Man Newspapers and Manx Radio.

Paul was following close friend New Zealander Paul Dobbs on the track during the Supersport 2 Race. Following Paul Dobbs’ accident at Quarry Bends, Paul Owen dismounted and assisted the marshals in controlling the incident. He took a flag and told the marshal waving it to go and attend to the rider and he would wave the flag.

In doing this, Paul gave up his own race ambitions and also withdrew from the TT Zero Electric bike race.

Geoff Corkish, MBE, MHK, The political member for Isle of Man Tourism, commented:

“Paul’s actions typified the sense of community spirit that we value at the TT and on the Isle of Man and he is a very deserving winner of this inaugural award.”

[Image: paulowen.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2010, 12:31 PM by Malcolm.)
11-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Arthur Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Paul Owen wins inaugural PokerStars ‘Spirit of the TT’ Award
(11-06-2010, 07:22 PM)Malcolm Wrote:
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

TT rider Paul Owen, from Llangollen, Wales, has won the inaugural PokerStars ‘Spirit of the TT’ Award.

The ‘Spirit of TT’ award is given to recognise a selfless contribution by an individual to the event’s success. The criteria for the award are based on key qualities such as innovation, leadership, teamwork, respect and integrity. The award is open to anyone who contributes to the event, such as riders, marshals and volunteers.

The award is judged by representatives from the ACU, Isle of Man Government, TT sponsor PokerStars, Isle of Man Newspapers and Manx Radio.

Paul was following close friend New Zealander Paul Dobbs on the track during the Supersport 2 Race. Following Paul Dobbs’ accident at Quarry Bends, Paul Owen dismounted and assisted the marshals in controlling the incident. He took a flag and told the marshal waving it to go and attend to the rider and he would wave the flag.

In doing this, Paul gave up his own race ambitions and also withdrew from the TT Zero Electric bike race.

Geoff Corkish, MBE, MHK, The political member for Isle of Man Tourism, commented:

“Paul’s actions typified the sense of community spirit that we value at the TT and on the Isle of Man and he is a very deserving winner of this inaugural award.”

Is it too much to ask the organisers when making statements to get the location correct
11-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
The corrected Press Release should of course read as follows:

Paul was following close friend New Zealander Paul Dobbs on the track during the Supersport 2 Race. Following Paul Dobbs’ accident at Ballagarey, Paul Owen dismounted and assisted the marshals in controlling the incident. He took a flag and told the marshal waving it to go and attend to the rider and he would wave the flag.

Sincerest apologies to all concerned for any confusion and or distress this error may have caused.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Website Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
They got it wrong on ITV too...
....scone out to take photos!
12-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Find Reply