ELLISON RETURNS TO THE TRACK AT MALLORY PARK TEST
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ELLISON RETURNS TO THE TRACK AT MALLORY PARK TEST
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

Swan Honda’s James Ellison returned to the track at Mallory Park on Thursday, just seven weeks after sustaining a broken femur in a practice crash at Thruxton earlier this season.

Ellison completed around 50 laps of the circuit during the test and used the track time to personally test his fitness and he now feels confident that he will be in a position to return to the championship for the next round at the Leicestershire circuit in two weeks’ time.

Ellison said:

“I wasn’t sure what to expect before I got back on the Swan Honda so I arrived at Mallory Park with no expectations. I was happy though that I was able to complete around 50 to 60 laps of the circuit. I haven’t obviously been chasing lap times as the focus was just to get me back out on the track, but although I am not completely back to full fitness I feel good and really want to be back out on the grid at Mallory Park to try and get my championship back on track.”

Swan Honda team manager Shaun Muir concluded:

“The focus of the test was to re-acclimatise James with the feel of the bike and work the body in places where you cannot reach in the gym. Conditions were not ideal, but he worked his way into the test and he has come away with a huge boost of confidence ahead of the next round. We will discuss the situation with the BSB medical team and hopefully satisfy them that James’ is fit enough to race in two weeks time.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Website Find Reply