British debut for Moto2
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
British debut for Moto2
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

[Image: moto2.gif]

The intermediate category will enjoy its first World Championship visit to the new Silverstone circuit for the AirAsia British Grand Prix.

The Moto2 class will look to take advantage of a redeveloped Silverstone this weekend as round five of the World Championship, the AirAsia British Grand Prix, offers UK fans the chance to see the 600cc category up close in its debut season.

The action, drama and skill has been plentiful so far as the early Championship battle develops, and as each round goes by more and more riders are contributing their names to the fight for the inaugural Moto2 title.

Toni Elías (Gresini Racing Moto2) arrives at Silverstone having stretched his lead at the top of the standings by a single point to 19 with his fifth placed finished at Mugello, with Shoya Tomizawa (Technomag-CIP) and Simone Corsi (JiR Moto2) separated by just four points after placing sixth and third respectively in the previous round. Andrea Iannone’s (Fimmco Speed Up) home win and Sergio Gadea’s (Tenerife 40 Pons) second place mean they have both also moved up the standings and will aim for further points and momentum. So far Elías, Corsi, Gadea and Gabor Talmacsi are the only riders to have scored points in all four rounds, and Fimmco Speed Up rider Talmacsi is scheduled to mark the milestone of 150 GP starts at Silverstone.

Marc VDS Racing Team rider Scott Redding will be optimistic that home support can help him to a strong result. The British rider will be hoping for a repeat of his home GP win at Donington in the 125cc class in 2008, when he became the youngest ever GP winner. Home hopes will be doubled by the presence of wildcard rider Kev Coghlan for the Monlau Joey Darcey team.

The Moto2 first practice session is due to begin at 3.10pm local time on Friday June 18th.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Website Find Reply