HM Plant Honda and Josh Brookes Gear Up For Two World Racing Appearances
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda and Josh Brookes Gear Up For Two World Racing Appearances
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

The HM Plant Honda team is gearing up for the first of two world stage racing appearances, starting with MotoGP at Silverstone this weekend and then with a wild card entry at the British round of the World Superbike Championship, also at Silverstone, at the end of July.

This weekend’s two-wheel British Grand Prix will see British Superbike ace Josh Brookes compete in the British Superstock championship’s two races – which take place as a support class to the main MotoGP race - as a stand-in for injured team-mate Steve Plater. The gutsy Aussie rider comes to this race hot off the back of an impressive first British Championship win at Cadwell Park, which moved him into second place in the hotly contested BSB championship and he is now aiming to make history as the British Superstock championship races for the first time on the all-new Silvertsone Arena circuit.

Josh and team-mate Ryuichi Kiyonari will then both take to the track on their HM Plant Honda Superbike Fireblades at Silverstone over the weekend of 31 July/1 August, where the team will compete in the popular World Superbike series.

[Image: joshbrooks.jpg]

Josh said,

“It has been a long few weeks since the last round of BSB at Cadwell Park and I have really missed being out on the track, so this weekend can’t come soon enough for me. I have been keeping myself sharp with motocross and then had a trip to the TT to support the boys, but there is nothing like being out on the track, so now I am feeling really up for it. It is obviously a shame for Steve as he had such a good start to the season, but I know how good the Honda CBR1000RR is, so there is no reason why we shouldn’t be able to fight for the wins this weekend. I’m really fired up for taking part in the World Superbike event as well and it will be great to also have Kiyo racing there too so we’re a full team.”

Josh’s BSB Crew Chief, Chris Pike, concluded:

“This is a big weekend for the team in the Superstock class and a really great opportunity to showcase the HM Plant Honda CBR1000RR in front of a huge audience. The Superstock bike has just come back from the Isle of Man TT where it did over 30 laps of the famous course in the hands of Michael Rutter, so it is all change again as we return to a short circuit from the roads. Steve (Plater) obviously had a fantastic start to his season and Josh definitely wants to emulate that this weekend. There is a really strong line up with the Superstock regulars mixed with a few BSB riders so everyone is expecting two very good and exciting races at Silverstone this weekend.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
17-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Website Find Reply