Top BSB Riders Enter Metzeler Superstock Races To Wow Silverstone MotoGP Crowd
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Top BSB Riders Enter Metzeler Superstock Races To Wow Silverstone MotoGP Crowd
Top British Superbike riders have lined up for this weekend’s Metzeler National Superstock rounds at the inaugural Silverstone MotoGP to add spice to an already red hot series!

Josh Brookes, Ian Lowry and Simon Andrews finished fourth to sixth in last year’s BSB series but will now pit themselves against a host of top regular Superstock riders all keen to make an impression in front of a massive MotoGP crowd at the heavily revised circuit.

The stellar line-up of riders underlines the importance of the Metzeler series to manufacturers and teams as 1000cc virtually stock machines on road based tyres show the true capabilities of bike and rider. The newly introduced Metzeler Racetec Interact tyres have taken huge chunks out of existing Superstock records this year with an average saving of just under one second per lap.

Brookes stands in for the injured Steve Plater who took wins at the first two rounds for the legendary HM Plant Honda squad, saying, "I am really fired up and definitely want to put on a good show for the crowd there. We know the HM Plant Honda is a proven race winner, Steve showed that before he was injured so I want to go out and do the best job I can for the team. The Superstock Honda is not too dissimilar to what I raced when I was in the Australian Superbike Championship a few years ago as their regulations are different from BSB, so it's a case of get to grips with the new track then give the other guys hell!"

Ian Lowry will return home to the Relentless Suzuki by TAS team, a squad well used to the championship after dominating the series in 2009 with Alastair Seeley. Lowry explained, "It will be good fun this weekend; I can't wait to be back with the team on a new circuit and having a good go at it. I obviously feel comfortable with the Suzuki as in the past that is what I have mainly ridden, so I should just be able to step on it and then it will be game on. I am ready for it that's for sure, I can't wait to have some fun on the Superstock bike and try and put her back on the podium."

Simon Andrews returns from an injury sustained in World Superbike duty back in April replacing the injured Conor Cummins in the Blackhorse Kawasaki team. Andrews broke his heel badly and has only competed in one BSB round but is now raring to go, saying, "This is good timing as I now feel fit enough to ride, so with two races and all the practice it's ideal to get back up to speed before next weekend's BSB event at Mallory Park. No-one likes to take a ride at the expense of an injured rider but hopefully I can do a good job for the Blackhorse team and Kawasaki whilst Conor is out of action. It goes without saying that I'm also excited to be riding at the new Silverstone layout and in front of the GP paddock."

The BSB regulars may not have things their own way as they fight a grid of Superstock riders determined to prove their own abilities including double round winner and series leader John Kirkham, fellow BMW rider Tristan Palmer and the in-form Howie Mainwaring riding for the MSS Colchester Kawasaki squad and lying in third place in the series.

One man who has little prove this weekend is TT hero Ian Hutchinson, who returns to Metzeler Superstock duty from a record breaking five win haul at the Isle of Man. ‘Hutchy’ may have a little extra bounce in his step as he lines up for the Silverstone races and looks to improve on a third and fourth in the races so far.

The two Metzeler Superstock races take place at Saturday 16.25 and Sunday 15.30.

Jason Griffiths, Racing Manager added,

”What a great line-up for the Metzeler National Superstock races, I think the riders, teams and tyres will surprise many of the GP paddock guys with their times and competitiveness!"

The evolution of the latest Racetec Interact tyres are available in four compounds: K0, K1, K2 for the racer and track day enthusiast and the K3 for general road use. All are available for normal purchase via your local Metzeler dealer and for more information visit http://www.metzelermoto.co.uk
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
17-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Website Find Reply