Andrews steps in for Cummins at Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Andrews steps in for Cummins at Silverstone
[Image: blackhorsekawasaki.gif]

Blackhorse Kawasaki wish to announce that Simon Andrews will deputise for injured regular Conor Cummins in this weekend's National Superstock 1000 Championship support races at the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

Simon will return to racing for the first time in more than two months after fracturing his heel in a high-speed accident at the Valencia World Superbike round, the Briton having been drafted in as a replacement for Chris Vermeulen.

With an imminent British Superbike return also looming at Mallory Park the following weekend, Andrews has been placed on the Blackhorse Kawasaki as an opportunity to ease himself back into racing. "This is good timing as I now feel fit enough to ride, so with two races and all the practice it's ideal to get back up to speed before next weekend's BSB event at Mallory,” he said.

“No-one likes to take a ride at the expense of an injured rider but hopefully I can do a good job for the Blackhorse team and Kawasaki, whilst Conor is out of action. It goes without saying that I'm also excited to be riding at the new Silverstone layout and in front of the GP paddock.”

Blackhorse Kawasaki team boss Ian Lougher commented:

"All of us at Blackhorse Kawasaki were really looking forward to competing here at this fantastic venue at the British GP. None more so than Conor, but unfortunately due to his injuries sustained during the Senior TT, Conor is unable to make the race, but we very much look forward to his return when he is back to full fitness.

However, for this weekend we welcome Kawasaki Superbike rider Simon Andrews into the team for a one race only deal, and look forward to working with him and value any input he may bring. Simon has a vast amount of experience on Superstock, Supersport and more recently Superbike machinery so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of the latest ZX10 Blackhorse Superstock Kawasaki.

As for the next BSB round at Knockhill and beyond, the team is still on the lookout for a suitable replacement for the likeable and extremely talented Conor Cummins.

In the meantime, all the sponsors and team personnel at Blackhorse Kawasaki would like to take this opportunity to wish Conor a speedy recovery."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Website Find Reply