Josh and HM Plant Honda Double Up On Victories at Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Josh and HM Plant Honda Double Up On Victories at Silverstone
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

HM Plant Honda’s Josh Brookes doubled up on victories in the National Superstock 1000 Championship this afternoon in front of over 70,000 fans at Silverstone, for the two-wheel British Grand Prix, when he thundered his Honda Fireblade near to standard Superstock machine to his second win of the weekend.

Sam Warren took the hole shot off the line from pole position ahead of Jon Kirkham, Josh, Howie Mainwaring and follow Honda rider Glen Richards. Championship leader Kirkham though took the lead when he drafted ahead on the Hanger Straight, whilst Richards stole fourth from Mainwaring at Maggotts. Josh was on the move and with Warren ahead he took the inside line at Brooklands to move up to third.

On the second lap the lead changed again as Richards made a move at Stowe to put the Padgetts Honda at the front of the field, but he then took it back at Club. Josh saw a chance to take advantage at Abbey to move second ahead of Richards, before forcing his way through on Kirkham to take the lead at Farm on the same lap. Josh then rode and impressive and consistent race to edge ahead lap by lap to win by 3.336 seconds, whilst behind the battle was intensifying for the final podium places.

Josh said:

“We discussed the strategy before the race and I really wanted to get my head down and make the break. I had more knowledge of the track and the Superstock Fireblade and I thought if we pushed hard enough at the start we would have a chance of getting away, especially if the others were fighting. It took the first two laps for me to hit the front and I could still hear them, but I was just pushing it and then I saw on the board that I had a gap. I really wanted the second win and it has been great to achieve that, so now I want to get back on the Superbike at Mallory Park this weekend and aim for the top step of the podium again.”

Josh’s’ BSB Crew Chief, Chris Pike, concluded:

“It was a fantastic race from Josh and he really picked up this weekend where Steve Plater had left off. He put on a great show for the fans and everyone at HM Plant Honda so we leave Silverstone ahead of the two BSB races next weekend very happy after this double win. The HM Plant Honda CBR1000RR was set-up by Steve with very minimal changes from Josh this weekend, so it is all credit to both riders. Josh knew he wanted to get away at the front as he was determined to do the double and that is exactly what he did, so another excellent result today for the whole team after their hard work.”

National Superstock 1000 Championship, Silverstone, race two result:

Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda)
Michael Rutter +3.336s
Jon Kirkham +5.043s
Sam Warren +5.975s
Simon Andrews +8.864s

National Superstock 1000 Championship standings after Silverstone:

Jon Kirkham 104
Howie Maiwaring 86
Steve Plater (HM Plant Honda) 70
Tristan Palmer 55
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 50
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Website Find Reply