Second successive win for Márquez
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Second successive win for Márquez
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

After his first World Championship win in the last round the Red Bull Ajo Motorsport rider made it back-to-back victories as he won a fiercely contested fight for first place with Pol Espargaró in the AirAsia British Grand Prix. Bradley Smith completed the podium at Silverstone.

The front row of the grid occupied the top four slots in the race order for much of the duration of the 125cc race at the AirAsia British Grand Prix on Sunday, as Marc Márquez took his second win of the season at Silverstone.

Pole holder Márquez and Pol Espargaró managed to pull away as they moved to almost three seconds ahead of Bancaja Aspar riders Nico Terol and Bradley Smith before the halfway point of the race had even arrived.

[Image: british125.jpg]

Efrén Vázquez (Tuenti Racing) sidled up to the Bancaja Aspar duo shortly after and managed to go through on both, taking third spot as the trio began a fight for third place whilst Márquez and Espargaró extended the distance to the front even further.

With four laps to go Márquez and Espargaró were over ten seconds clear as Terol, Smith and Vázquez continued the third spot contest. Vázquez ran wide however and appeared to drop off enough momentarily to give Smith and Terol some breathing space.

The final laps provided an edge-of-the-seat finish and the fight between Márquez and Espargaró became just that as the two touched twice while pushing one another to the limit. Further back Vázquez actually went down, allowing Smith enough space to get through and into third.

On the final lap a mistake from Espargaró saw him run wide, which gave Márquez enough time to get clear and take the win, eventually crossing the line 2.576s ahead of Espargaró who now leads the Championship by a single point from Terol. The Bancaja Aspar man finished fourth, behind Smith who secured his first podium of the season in front of a delighted home crowd and became the first non-Spaniard to make it into the top three this season.

Tomoyoshi Koyama (Racing Team Germany), Sandro Cortese (Avant Mitsubishi Ajo), Randy Krummenacher (Stipa-Molenaar Racing) and Johann Zarco (WTR San Marino Team) completed the top eight, with British rider Danny Webb (Andalucia Cajasol) tenth. Vázquez managed to remount his bike and cross the line in 11th.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Website Find Reply