MGP Start Numbers
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
RE: MGP Start Numbers
Yes, the clock is ticking.. and just a day ago, we finally have great dyno numbers..! We are making a LOT more power than we ever have... The Green Monster is VERY ANGRY... and soon can scream on the magical TT Course..!! (and we have fresh paint on the most of the fairing this year..) Hey, the MGP stickers need better adhesive, lost two of them already..!! Oh for a sneak peak...

http://goldstarron.com/paint.jpg

Hope to meet up with everyone... if you see me (or the bike) please stop and say hello..!

Cheers..!!

Ron - The Crazy Yank will return again.....

(19-07-2010, 07:29 AM)an old man returns Wrote: Less than a month to go, one bike ready tuther a pile of parts and no frame, seems there is less time each year to get ready.
22-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Gosh... I feel like I am in a vacuum... I hope my posting is not putting anyone off...

OK, so I got an "R" clip on my Monza cap.. a very tight fit.. but if you push hard enough the cap still opens... But it is more difficult... I take it that is a compromise for those that need to pit for fuel...

I plan to use safety wire... I know that works... but I will bring that R clip in case someone thinks they know better.... ahem.. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade.. but... I tell it like it is.... see the pictures, the second one is when I opened the cap with the R clip in place...

Cheers..!!

Ron about 22 days until first practice..!!! (almost ready.. bike ships Monday...)..

[Image: GasCap.jpg]

[Image: GasCap2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2010, 05:46 AM by Gstarron.)
29-07-2010, 05:44 AM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
(29-07-2010, 05:44 AM)Gstarron Wrote: Gosh... I feel like I am in a vacuum... I hope my posting is not putting anyone off...

OK, so I got an "R" clip on my Monza cap.. a very tight fit.. but if you push hard enough the cap still opens... But it is more difficult... I take it that is a compromise for those that need to pit for fuel...

I plan to use safety wire... I know that works... but I will bring that R clip in case someone thinks they know better.... ahem.. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade.. but... I tell it like it is.... see the pictures, the second one is when I opened the cap with the R clip in place...

Cheers..!!

Ron about 22 days until first practice..!!! (almost ready.. bike ships Monday...)..

[Image: GasCap.jpg]

[Image: GasCap2.jpg]

I don't have a problem with mine so it seems you want either a new R clip or cap or maybe both.
29-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Well, it is now 2 weeks until first practice... and I am still not ready... need to get it done today, and take the big crate to the airport Monday morning... talk about stress...

See you all there... one way or another..!!

Cheers..!!!

Ron
07-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Threads: 18
We were commenting today, as we drove back over the very misty mountain at 5pm, that we hoped it wouldn't be this misty at 5pm in two weeks time!!

Hope you get finished in time for Monday,

Jo
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

All good news.. today we finally fixed the carburetion problem..!! Tomorrow (Sunday) we do the final dyno session to dial it all in properly... On Monday (Tuesday the latest) the bike heads to the airport.. it should arrive in plenty of time this year..!!!!

Can't wait to see everyone..!!

Cheers..!!!

Ron _ The Crazy Yank.. an olde guy that has not had much sleep the last few weeks.... but then I hear that sleep is over rated.... heh..

(07-08-2010, 09:02 PM)Jo Rowe Wrote: We were commenting today, as we drove back over the very misty mountain at 5pm, that we hoped it wouldn't be this misty at 5pm in two weeks time!!

Hope you get finished in time for Monday,

Jo
08-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

I heard you need less sleep as you get older anyway
08-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
(08-08-2010, 09:33 PM)Jo Rowe Wrote: I heard you need less sleep as you get older anyway

Ha!

There speaks a ginger cat . . . . . . . .

Hehe
08-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Tee hee!
09-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Well... I managed to get one more day... tomorrow the big crate goes to the airport... all the hard work is done...!! And the "Green Monster" is really angry this year... lots of bark.. plenty of bite... we will have fun..!! Now just need to keep my fingers crossed we get a finish... that would be sweet..!!

And as the weather had been bad the last several years... we are due for some great weather this year..!

So, everyone be safe and enjoy your journey.... hope to see you all somewhere on the Island...!

Cheers..!!

Ron
11-08-2010, 05:32 AM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Gosh... sure seems quiet again here... only days until my journey begins... the bike is in the hands of the shipper... hope it arrives OK and on time...

Now is my decision... take the train to Liverpool and ferry over, or fly... FYI it is about half to take the Ferry boat, and no silly luggage charges... Hmmm... I do love the tradition of the ferry boat..!

Can't wait to see "everyone"... the fun soon begins... anyone else here taking the Saturday (21st) sailing..? If so, see you there perhaps...

Cheers..!!

Ron - Long live the TT and MGP..!!
15-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Oh boat every time!

See you next week, safe journey.

Jo
15-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Find Reply