SWAN HONDA BACK TO FULL FORCE AT MALLORY PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN HONDA BACK TO FULL FORCE AT MALLORY PARK
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

The Swan Honda team return to full strength this weekend as Stuart Easton is joined by the returning James Ellison at round five of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Mallory Park.

Ellison has been out of action since sustaining a broken femur during practice at Thruxton and since then has been determined to return to fitness with extensive physiotherapy and sessions in a hyperbaric chamber. He is now able to be completely focused on the weekend ahead after being declared fit during last weekend’s British MotoGP round by BSB Chief Medical Officer Dr Romer whilst she was officiating as the Chief Medical Officer at the event.

Easton meanwhile is looking to make amends for a disappointing round last time out at Cadwell Park and replicate his Oulton Park victory as he targets a points haul to close the gap to championship leader Tommy Hill in the title chase.

Ellison said:

“I am happy that this weekend I will back in the Swan Honda garage and ready to race after what feels like an eternity since Thruxton and I need to thank everyone who has supported me over the past weeks. I was fortunate that I could take my fitness test at the MotoGP round so now I can go to Mallory Park with my mind fully on racing. I have completely put my injury behind me now and although I am not completely back to full fitness I am approaching this weekend as I have any other earlier this season. I am not going out on circuit just to try and salvage points, I need to go out there and be pushing for wins or at least the podium. I am going to be giving it one hundred percent this weekend and I still believe that the top six is completely achievable with five rounds and eleven races before the cut off point for the Showdown.”

Easton said:

“It has been a long break but I am ready to get back out there and am keen to make amends for a disappointing round at Cadwell Park. We had been strong in practice and qualifying and I seemed to just not have any luck on raceday. I think now though luck should be back on my side and its time to get myself back up the standings after not scoring that many points at the last round. Mallory Park has in the past always been a bit of a lottery and you really have to keep out of trouble, as we have seen before. The points are so important now, so I need to get back on the podium this weekend; I am yet to finish a BSB race at this track so I want this to be the turning point.”

Swan Honda team manager Shaun Muir concluded:

“It seems such a long time ago since we were last out at Cadwell Park. We need to get both our riders back to the form they promised early in the season and with everything to fight for we are looking forward to some hard racing at Mallory Park. We are hoping that both the boys come away from Mallory Park with a big points haul to boost their championship hopes.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Website Find Reply