HM Plant Honda Looks To Carry Winning Momentum To Mallory
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda Looks To Carry Winning Momentum To Mallory
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

The HM Plant Honda team is ready to carry its impressive winning form into the fifth round of the British Superbike Championship at Mallory Park this weekend, after securing the winning double last time out at Cadwell Park as well as in the National Superstock Championship round at Silverstone last weekend.

Josh Brookes returns to action just a few days after securing a double victory at Silverstone, where he replaced injured team-mate Steve Plater in the Superstock class and, following his BSB victory at Cadwell Park. Josh currently lies second in the overall standings and is determined to continue his race-winning form.

Ryuichi Kiyonari meanwhile is looking forward to his return to the Leicestershire circuit where he has stood on the top step of the podium twice before and is eager to build on his win in the opening race at Cadwell Park.

Josh said:

“It was good fun riding the Superstock bike at Silverstone and it was great to win both races for the HM Plant Honda team, so I want more this weekend on the Superbike. I won last time out at Cadwell Park and we tested at Mallory Park last week so I am definitely going into this round feeling confident. I have no problems about the races this weekend. I had good feelings there last year even though I had problems in qualifying that put me way down on the grid. I was up to fourth in the race, so if it wasn’t for that one mistake it was looking good. I know the circuit now and I am second in the standings so the goal is, as always, to come away from this weekend having closed down some points on Tommy in the championship.”

Kiyo said:

“At Mallory Park in the past I have either had a good result or a bad result, but I have won there before so for that reason I like the circuit. It is very different to the circuits we have recently been to like Oulton Park and Cadwell Park but just as challenging. I feel that after the last round and the test we have made some good steps forward with the HM Plant Honda Fireblade Superbike and what we learnt should also work strongly at Mallory Park too. I have one win now and it should be more so I want to be back at the front at this round as I need to be in the top six. I am not happy unless I am winning or fighting for it so after being back home in Japan during the break I will be ready to win.”

HM Plant Honda Team Manager,

Havier Beltran, said: “The HM Plant Honda team arrives at Mallory Park this weekend feeling confident and ready to challenge for victories again following Kiyo and Josh’s success at the last round at Cadwell Park. We had a test at Mallory Park last week and both riders showed strong pace and now they are both looking forward to getting back on the CBR1000RR this weekend. For Kiyo, he is eager to return after the break since Cadwell Park and this is another circuit where he has previously won races and finished on the podium, so he is obviously keen for a repeat performance. Josh meanwhile comes into this weekend off the back of his double victory in the Superstock Championship races at Silverstone and the win at Cadwell Park, so he is also looking to carry that momentum into this weekend.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Website Find Reply