HASLAM AND GUINTOLI READY FOR MISANO SUPERBIKES
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HASLAM AND GUINTOLI READY FOR MISANO SUPERBIKES
[Image: teamsuzukihdr.gif]

[Image: suzuki50years.gif]

After almost a month away from racing, Team Suzuki Alstare riders Leon Haslam and Sylvain Guintoli will line up at Misano in Italy this weekend - a circuit they have recently tested at - for round eight of this year's Superbike World Championship.

Leon Haslam:

"The Misano tests went pretty well even though we did lose some time due to rain on one of the days. We still managed to get through a lot of stuff - new forks, different clutch settings and we were all happy enough at the end.

I like Misano and although it is a tough track, I'm sure that we're in for a lot of hard battles - but I like that! Everybody has tested there recently, so I'm expecting all the riders to be quick off the mark right from the start of first practice.

"I had the stitches taken out of my left elbow just before the recent tests and I've got full movement in the arm, so I don't think there'll be any problems in that area. There's a little bit of discomfort because of where the stitches rub against my leathers, bit it's definitely not going to be a problem. Max Biaggi will want to do well in his home country, but I'll be going all out to give him a tough time of it and spoil his party."

Sylvain Guintoli:

"At least, I have raced at Misano before, so I will not have to start the first practice learning a new track, as has been the case so many times this year. Also we tested here recently and that has given me more track information and knowledge. I'm hoping that all of this means that I will not be chasing the rest of the riders on the first day of practice and I will be more competitive right from the start.

"I want to get back to the way I was at the start of the season and be on it right from day one and qualify well. Poor qualifying has held me up quite a few times this season, so it's about time I did the business on Friday and Saturday and got myself in a good position on the grid on race day."

2009 results:

Race 1: 1 Ben Spies (USA-Yamaha), 2 Shane Byrne (GBR-Ducati), 3 Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati). 12 Leon Haslam (GBR-Honda). Sylvain Guintoli DNS.

Race 2: 1 Jonathan Rea (GBR-Honda), 2 Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati), 3 Noriyuki Haga (JPN-Ducati). 8 Leon Haslam (GBR-Honda). Sylvain Guintoli DNS.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Website Find Reply