Victor Cox to fill Superstock 1000 berth at Knockhill
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Victor Cox to fill Superstock 1000 berth at Knockhill
[Image: blackhorsekawasaki.gif]

Victor Cox will ride the Blackhorse Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R in Round 6 of the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship at Knockhill next weekend.

Affectionately known as 'The Vicar', the 24 year old from Trowbridge started his racing career in the Virgin R6 cup alongside the likes of Cal Crutchlow. He then competed for a year in the European Superstock championship in 2006 before spending a further two years in British Superstock 1000. Victor then rode for J&L Racing in the last four rounds of the 2009 Championship, finishing in a very respectable 16th position. This year, on the J&L Racing Yamaha, he is currently in joint 14th place in the standings and has scored points in all but one round so far, with an excellent eighth place at Oulton Park being his best result.

Victor is the latest replacement for team regular Conor Cummins. Injured in a crash in the Isle of Man Senior TT whilst competing for another team, Conor has already undergone surgery on his back, which has gone well, however, he faces further operations on his knee and arm later next week. The Team wish him well and look forward to a speedy recovery.

Last weekend at Silverstone, Simon Andrews deputised for Conor and scored two terrific fifth places.

Blackhorse Kawasaki team boss Ian Lougher commented:

"We very much look forward to working with Victor Cox at Knockhill next weekend. Victor is a talented young rider who has a lot of experience in the 1000cc superstock class and he has been riding tremendously well in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship this season on the J&L Racing Yamaha, and we are confident he will give a good account of himself on board the Blackhorse Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. In keeping with our team ethos, there is no pressure placed on Victor and he will get every support and encouragement from everyone within the team.

Kawasaki Superbike rider Simon Andrews did a great job for us at Silverstone last weekend with two fifth place finishes and we would very much like to thank Simon for his efforts.

Meanwhile, our thoughts of course continue to be with Conor Cummins as he recovers from his injuries, and certainly everyone at Blackhorse Kawasaki wish him all the best for a speedy recovery."

Newly appointed rider Victor Cox says;

"I'm over the moon to have this opportunity from Ian Lougher to ride for his team at Knockhill. The National Superstocks is a tough class but I know I will have the best possible chance riding the team's Blackhorse Kawasaki ZX-10R. Conor has been riding fantastically this year and I'll be giving it 110% to make sure I can give the team a great result.

Thanks to Ian and team for giving me this opportunity!''
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Website Find Reply