HASLAM AND GUINTOLI ON 2ND ROW AT MISANO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HASLAM AND GUINTOLI ON 2ND ROW AT MISANO
[Image: worldsbkhdr.gif]

Team Suzuki Alstare riders Leon Haslam and Sylvain Guintoli will start tomorrow's pair of 24-lap World Superbike races at Misano in Italy side by side on row two of the grid.

Both were happy with their grid positions after a frantic final Superpole session which saw Aussie Troy Corser give BMW their maiden Superpole victory. It was Corser's 43rd pole and his lap of 1:35.00 was half a second faster then his nearest rival - Max Biaggi (Aprilia). Third quickest in Superpole was Michel Fabrizio (Ducati) with Cal Crutchlow (Yamaha) fourth.

Sylvain Guintoli - 6th, 1:36.096:

"Today was much better than yesterday and I managed to get a much better feeling with the bike. It was great to get into Superpole 3 and that made me so happy - especially after yesterday's performance. The track had much better grip today and seemed less dirty, so I was able to get more and more confident.

"We have a choice of two different tyres for the races, so we will wait and see what the weather is doing before we make our final choice. My right shoulder and hand is a bit sore after my crash this morning when I was hit by Troy Corser: I didn't see or hear him at all. I was minding my own business and suddenly 'bang!' I don't think anything is broken in my hand, but I will get the physio to work on my shoulder so that it's OK for tomorrow."

Leon Haslam - 7th, 1:36.302:

"We had a few issues with electronics and the clutch and because the problems weren't consistent I was unable to get a really good rhythm going. It's not a big deal, because the second row of the grid is OK here, but we'll have a look at all the data and see if we can fix the problem in the warm-up tomorrow morning.

"I really had to grit my teeth to get into Superpole 3 today, but I was determined not to have to start from the third row of the grid because that would've given me a lot of work to do in the opening laps and that's the kind of thing that wears the tyres out more quickly.

"The track has improved from yesterday and there is a bit more grip, but only if you stay on line. If you drift off line, you can still get into trouble easily. Second row of the grid may not seem good, but I'm confident that I can get on the podium tomorrow."

Final qualifying and Superpole:

1 Troy Corser (AUS-BMW) 1:35.001, 2 Max Biaggi (ITA-Aprilia) 1:35.502, 3 Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati) 1:35.680, 4 Cal Crutchlow (GBR-Yamaha) 1:35.683, 5 Carlos Checa (ESP-Ducati) 1:35.851, 6 Sylvain Guintoli (FRA-Suzuki) 1:36.096, 7 Leon Haslam (GBR-Suzuki) 1:36.302.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Website Find Reply