Moto Cysz C1 FOUR stroke !
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Moto Cysz C1 FOUR stroke !
If you are watching TV this morning go to Channel 523 (Discovery Turbo) and see a two hour long prog about the C1, the revolutionary four stroke that was being developed by our electric friends in Oregon (2007). It's a shame they ran out of time and money.

Fascinating. If you miss it look out for it again..It's worth viewing !!

Ah, my browsing tells me that you can see it in three parts on the Vimeo website http://vimeo.com/3432038

OR Visit my new site http://ttsuperbikes.com/pag3ee.htm where all the parts are welded together.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010, 12:01 PM by ian huntly.)
09-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Website Find Reply
deejay51 Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Moto Cysz C1 FOUR stroke !
Thankyou Ian for drawing attention to the Motoczysz Team, it is critical we all note this team have managed to develop an 'inline to frame' ICE engine with underslung gearbox, (all to get the frontal area down) AND Michael is 'out there' with the ZEV Motoczysz 'E1pc' machine that won both the TTZero (rider Mark Miller) and within weeks the ZEV race at Laguna Seca (rider Michael Czysz). I know of no other motorcycle team knocking on 'future's door' as hard as Motoczysz!

It distresses me greatly when I viewed the most futuristic machine at the TT (MotoCzysz E1pc), am aware of the Czysz Teams stuggles to enter MotoGP and yet I have gained the impression that the interest of TT Spectators toward Michael and the Czysz Team over 'the last two years', was almost negligable. Did anyone notice Michael rode the 'E1pc' on the TT parade lap after Mark won the TTZero event the day before.
10-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Website Find Reply
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1
Hmmm, the Ariel Square Four had contra-rotating crankshafts, albeit across the Frame.

George Brough's Brough Superior "Golden Dream" had in-line contra-rotating cranks, one above the other, for the horizontally opposed four cylinder engine. This achieved perfect dynamic balance with only the torque reaction from the output of the drive shaft to affect the handling.
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2010, 09:42 AM by Chris Maybury.)
10-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Find Reply
deejay51 Offline

Chris you are so correct referring to earlier engine designs, even the wonderful Henderson 4 was 'in line' along the frame albeit air cooled, however Motoczysz have developed their own 21st Century high revving engine for MotoGP, a very different performance arena, btw I love all motorcycles including the Henderson 4 I spotted at Ramsey this year:

http://www.deejay51.com/tt2010_ramsey_sprint.htm

I suppose my reason for going on about Motoczysz is a 'breath of fresh air' if you will, given the never ending minor updates to UJM4's. I've been on about the need for VARIETY for some years now, suffice to say the Superbike, Supersport, Senior and Sidecar 'engines' as a whole are basically all from the same mold with varying 'go fast' embellishments. We do need to witness change...
10-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(10-08-2010, 10:38 PM)deejay51 Wrote: Chris you are so correct referring to earlier engine designs, even the wonderful Henderson 4 was 'in line' along the frame albeit air cooled, however Motoczysz have developed their own 21st Century high revving engine for MotoGP, a very different performance arena, btw I love all motorcycles including the Henderson 4 I spotted at Ramsey this year:

http://www.deejay51.com/tt2010_ramsey_sprint.htm

I suppose my reason for going on about Motoczysz is a 'breath of fresh air' if you will, given the never ending minor updates to UJM4's. I've been on about the need for VARIETY for some years now, suffice to say the Superbike, Supersport, Senior and Sidecar 'engines' as a whole are basically all from the same mold with varying 'go fast' embellishments. We do need to witness change...

Ducati developed a "along the frame" 4 cylinder engine in the late 80's. however they never continued the development. If I knew how to upload photo's on to this site I would post one of the engine.
11-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Find Reply
deejay51 Offline

More news on Motoczysz, Michael's team has now been at the Bonneville Salt Flats, acheiving nominally 166mph against the Lightning Team that set a record in the 177mph region, images of the E1pc are here with a varied battery rack, no front brake and it looks like a longer swingarm. Top marks to this team, all this follows on from the TTZero and Laguna Seca ZEV wins...

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/m...10/?ref=nf
09-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Website Find Reply