TT250 - Dead & Buried???
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT250 - Dead & Buried???
Does anyone know if the 250's will be removed from the 2003 TT?

I'm about to send off my Manx GP entry on a TZ250, but if the class is doomed on the island, I will find another bike as I see little point in learning on a 250 if I end up having to ride a 600 in 2003.

Cheers

DOM CANN
05-06-2002, 02:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT250 - Dead & Buried???
I have my answer, and I've entered the TZ in the Manx...

The only disappointment in terms of the entry in 2002 was the field for the TT 250 race which was run alongside the Junior TT. Unfortunately, with the demise of the class elsewhere the entry numbers were disappointing.

In the light of that entry it has been decided that the TT 250 class will be amalgamated and run as the Junior TT for both 600 Supersport and racing 250 machines as a single race. There will, however, be a prize for the first 250cc bike home. Hon. David Cretney, MHK, Minister for Tourism and Leisure and Chairman of the TT Co-ordinating Committee commented:

"Like most race fans I am very sorry to see the demise of the TT 250 class; one of the last true racing classes at the TT. We cannot, however, ignore the fact that the riders, manufacturers and teams are not supporting the class and ultimately the TT has to run the classes that they will support. I am sure that both developments at world level and cost considerations have been factors in that lack of support."
07-06-2002, 01:47 AM