Anyone else looking forward to tomorrow?
Jo Rowe Offline

Threads: 18
Anyone else looking forward to tomorrow?
And in particular, the Newcomers' A race?

Looks like it should be a great race. The top 6 have been consistently the top 6 all week long, with 4 of them putting in sub 20 minute laps.

The practice leaderboard looks like this:

1. Andy Fenton (19.41.91)
2. James Coward (19.46.70)
3. Shaun Anderson (19.50.67)
4. Tim Venables (19.52.29)
5. Jon Kennaugh (20.02.90)
6. Sebastian Buch (20.04.99)

All of them have been going quicker and quicker all week and putting in lap times that have had us glued to the official timing. James Coward has taken a minute off his lap time from Tuesday to Friday! And Shaun Anderson is sure to go quicker, as he's one session behind the others, due to the Irish boat not getting in on the right day!

And for general info, the running order of the race has been changed. Newcomers' A will start, followed by the Post Classic Senior then Newcomers' B and finally Post Classic Junior.
29-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Find Reply
Manx Badger Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Anyone else looking forward to tomorrow?
Yep it's going to be a great day's racing for sure. I'm also looking forward to seeing whether Michael Dunlop breaks the 120mph barrier in the Post Classic Senior, plus the afternoon races which I think are totally wide open.
29-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Threads: 18
Agree about the afternoon's races too. I have a soft spot for the Classic Lightweight race, in particular.

I'm sure Michael Dunlop will be giving it everything tomorrow! Let's hope some of the others at least get some replicas though. More in the spirit of the Manx, in my opinion.

I'm also really impressed with the standard of bike preparation from the newcomers this year.
29-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Oh I wish I was over on the Island...I am using as much PC technology that I can find, the webcams, the MGPF website and Manx Radio to follow this years Manx. (bbhmg.com/techmgp.htm)

Thisw first day ( Monday ) was exciting indeed so I am looking forward to staying on my computers all the week to come. Ah well, I am retired so I can follow the Manx over the whole two weeks !!

I hope Ollie Linsdell is OK...Any news yet ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2010, 03:54 PM by ian huntly.)
30-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Website Find Reply