Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TINMOUTH PLEASED WITH CADWELL POINTS!
[Image: jennytinmouthlogo.jpg]

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship

Round 9 – Cadwell Park

28-30 August 2010

[Image: jennytlid.jpg]

Jenny Tinmouth has finished in 18th position overall, and fifth of the cup competitors in the latest round of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship held over the recent Bank Holiday weekend at Cadwell Park. The result sees Jenny maintain her third place in the British Supersport Cup with three rounds remaining.

During a weekend of mixed weather conditions, Jenny got dialed in during the two free practice sessions, achieving her best time during the morning practice which was good enough for 22nd place. In the afternoon she had a problem with her boot, resulting in losing some valuable track time, and ended up in 24th place about half a second slower than her time set earlier in the day.

Sunday’s first qualifying session proved dramatic for Jenny, as she had started on dry settings and tyres but on her first lap the rain came down meaning that an immediate change to wet weather tyres would be necessary. Having returned to the awning for a clear visor and to change tyres, Jenny would resume circulating with approximately ten minutes remaining, but in conditions that suit her she got her head down and set a stunning final lap placing her in provisional 16th position on the grid, fastest of all the cup runners, and ahead of Guy Martin, Karl Harris and AJ Venter.

Despite the team praying for rain in the afternoon, the final qualifying session remained dry, with Jenny setting her best lap time of 1 minute 32.954 seconds, and ending up in 22nd place on the grid for the race, but still ahead of Guy Martin’s Wilson Craig Honda!

Dry conditions prevailed for the race, and with Jenny making one of her better starts she would be well and truly in the mix, completing lap one in 19th position, just behind Alex Lowes. As the race progressed she would find herself in a close group, holding off Guy Martin until lap five, when he eventually came through to head the group and then pull away. Soon after Dean Hipwell got through, and Jenny found herself being pushed wide at the hairpin, unfortunately losing another few places. She would, however, hold cup point’s leader, Patrick McDougall at bay to take 18th position at the conclusion of the race, which was red flagged a couple of laps short due to an accident involving Joe Dickinson.

“I tend to struggle a little bit with the physical nature of Cadwell, and the fast changes of direction, but there were plenty of things to smile about over the weekend. I was generally pleased with qualifying, and in the race I made my best start of the season moving up three positions by the end of lap one. It was disappointing to lose places during the race but I always knew it was going to be a tough weekend and to come out of it with 11 points keeps me in third overall in the cup.

We are continuing to make progress and I’m delighted to bring in a new sponsor, Global biketours.com for the remainder of the season, which will help fund some improvements needed for the bike.

Finally, I would like to say a huge thank you to Richie, Paul and Jane who presented me with a new Shoei helmet with my own custom design and a special TT logo on the back. It is absolutely awesome, and I am extremely grateful. Thank you.”

Jenny Tinmouth

2010 Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Cup

(Top 10 Positions after Round 9 – Cadwell Park)

1 Patrick McDougall 142pts

2 Max Hunt 121

3 Jenny Tinmouth 109

4 Dan Kneen 104

5 Mark Cringle 83

6 David Jones 77

7 Luke Mossey 75

8 Shaun Winfield 74

9 Paul Jordan 64

10 Matthew Hoyle 61
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Website Find Reply