Sidecars, men & Boys
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sidecars, men & Boys
Although there has not been much mentioned on the sites, I would like to add my congratulations to Glyn & Daniel( No 30 )for the fantastic racing effort they gave in Saturdays & Wednesday's sidecar races, For a new team together they performed outstandingly, showing skill and professionalism, other riders showed their respect and congratulations as the boys returned to the grandstand. Their 12th place and Bronze replica has made two mums very proud of their sons, well done Glyn & Daniel
06-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sidecars, men & Boys
I'll second that, Rosie, and thanks to all the other sidecar stars....that means all of you!
Had a wonderful time there, and just ran out of time, so I never got up there to see you, Rosie.....next year?
Any Manx sidecar people who want to come over and see, or race at, Scottish circuits....this is open house for sidecar people. Email me, and you will be very welcome to come and stay.
(Actually...solo riders are also welcome!)
06-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glyn & Dan,

Well done lads..what an amazing effort for a first time out.

Looks like I am going to have to return next year so I can try to get in thr reps too. One thing I never got although the year I was not allowed to race (by doc stevens) due to illness my driver went out and got 2 silvers.

How upset was I?...lol.

Still I am very proud of my finishers medal none the less.

It was a good effort by all the crews with more of them finishing than retiring. I just goes to show the amount of time and preparation that goes into getting these machines to last the distance of the TT.

How many other 600cc machines could pull an avaeage of 25 Stones for 113 miles at over 100mph average?

Long may the Sidecar Class continue.

Fitz.
06-06-2002, 04:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Rosie,

As a minor ancilliary of the DSC Racing Team, and Team is most definitely what it was; may I thank you for your unwavering hospitality, especially when you thought that we were going to drink the champagne!!!

Had a great time and will be back next year for sure when I hope to get my Tee shirt before all the XL's go.

Best Regards,

David
11-06-2002, 10:19 PM