Black and White kerbs
ROSIE Offline

Threads: 65
Black and White kerbs
It's just an observation I've had, but has anyone else noticed something missing from this years T.T. and MGP or at least the weeks just before the festivals, In years gone past we used to see teams of men busy painting all the Kerbs black and white. It was one of signs that T.T. and MGP were finally arriving. This year there were so few men out there painting and even less kerbs painted. Probably another cut back but can't help thinking it is in the wrong area, you can hardly see the kerbs at Alpine Corner when you are under the trees and there is strong sunlight, and I only ride slowly, so it must be much harder to see kerbs for the boys that are tramping on a bit, in and out of the Festivals.
Biker Friendly Pub.
03-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
RE: Black and White kerbs
Rosie, I have been asked to post that it has been noticed and that the club have been informed of the problem.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
04-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Find Reply
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1
As a visitor, I must confess that I did not notice that the kerbs were lacking fresh paint. There again, I am a relatively slow rider so would not be using up all available road space Icon_eek

On the whole (hole?) I think that there is generally good attention paid to the condition Mountain Course roads but some of the minor roads are getting a bit bumpy.
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
06-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Find Reply
bighairybiker Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 3
(04-10-2010, 12:00 AM)Stella Wrote: Rosie, I have been asked to post that it has been noticed and that the club have been informed of the problem.

Good news - I did notice a marshal out with his can of spray paint, helping to mark out kerbs this year.
"Time is a great teacher, unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Hector Berlioz

Marie Curie Cancer Care: http://www.justgiving.com/motorbikechallenge
12-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
We Gorse Lea Marshals have complained loudly, regularly and officially for a few years now about the lack of fresh paint on the kerbs. The situation was at its worst this year during practices when the low sun was causing mottled shadows on the road which rendered the poorly marked kerb on the inside of the bend (now light grey and lighter grey) invisible to racers.

Allegedly, someone from the Highways Dept claimed that the kerb at Gorse Lea had been painted just before TT2010. I have also heard a rumour that water-based paint was used in order to save money, but it washed off.

Following further loud complaints during MGP Practices this year someone finally came out and washed the kerb, which improved its visibility slightly.

I am totally baffled as to how this highly dangerous situation can be allowed to continue putting lives at risk, especially in this age of H&S and in the light of all the recent efforts to improve safety on the TT Course.
13-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Find Reply
Manx Mist Offline

Threads: 0
(13-10-2010, 01:56 PM)John Foster Wrote: We Gorse Lea Marshals have complained loudly, regularly and officially for a few years now about the lack of fresh paint on the kerbs. The situation was at its worst this year during practices when the low sun was causing mottled shadows on the road which rendered the poorly marked kerb on the inside of the bend (now light grey and lighter grey) invisible to racers.

Allegedly, someone from the Highways Dept claimed that the kerb at Gorse Lea had been painted just before TT2010. I have also heard a rumour that water-based paint was used in order to save money, but it washed off.

Following further loud complaints during MGP Practices this year someone finally came out and washed the kerb, which improved its visibility slightly.

I am totally baffled as to how this highly dangerous situation can be allowed to continue putting lives at risk, especially in this age of H&S and in the light of all the recent efforts to improve safety on the TT Course.

They've probably spent their budget and used all available manpower on the road 'improvement'??? scheme on Richmond Hill that no one can see the point of.
14-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
It's that time again. Let the riders see the kerbs.
07-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Find Reply